+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon - Bolton Wanderers manager

re: Neil Lennon - Bolton Wanderers manager

Quote Originally Posted by gallopingchip
    Gotta say Gary your response above is funny, it did make me chuckle.
    You're welcome Chip.

gotta say I am happy with this appointment, of all thes banded about I am surprised Neil got the opportunity, a lot more easy options for fatside to have opted for, IMO, I would liked to have been a fly on the wall during the interview.

Don't think Lennon is one to swallow any of fatsides bull so there must be something that lennon feels he can achieve with the squad.

An ambitious manager who I feel wants to manage in the highest tier and make a for himself.

Brings a decent back room team with him too

I'm a happy trotter tonight

on paper we have a strong squad, I think we have appointed now a manager that can transfer that strength back on to the grass.

Let's see if he can get a response out of our prima donnas!

Quote Originally Posted by campo21
    Let's see if he can get a response out of our prima donnas!
    campo they will respond,have you not seen the neil lennon stare?

Haha yes whatsmore it's frightening,let's hope he brings Alan Thompson back to the club as part of his backroom staff!

Quote Originally Posted by campo21
    Haha yes whatsmore it's frightening,let's hope he brings Alan Thompson back to the club as part of his backroom staff!
    I agree if he brings tommo back it will be the icing on the cake for me.Cant believe how fired up I feel having lennon at bwfc.I will be hitting the drink heavy tonight to celebrate this appointment,but before anyone especialy bwfcforever start worrying,dont panic im staying off here. COYWM

I've just had a quick look at Lennon's signings for Celtic. A quick calculation and I reckon he spent around £20 million on players, but he recouped around £30 million in sales. What I did notice was that Lennon does seem to like a bargain Scandinavian type player, let's hope he can find another Per Frandsen.

Neil Lennon (June 2010 - May 2014)
    (signings)
    28 Leigh Griffiths, £1m from Wolverhampton Wanderers, Jan 2014 [BBC]
    25 Stefan Johansen, £2m from Stromsgodset, Jan 2014 [BBC]
    19 Holmbert Fridjonsson, £100,000 from Fram Reykjavik, Jan 2014 [BBC]
    20 Teemu Pukki, £3m from Schalke, Aug 2013 [BBC]
    06 Nir Biton, £700,000 from FC Ashdod, Aug 2013 [BBC]
    11 Derk Boerrigter, £3m from Ajax, Jul 2013 [BBC]
    22 Steven Mouyokolo, free from Wolverhampton Wanderers, Jul 2013 [BBC]
    05 Virgil van Dijk, £2.6m from FC Groningen, Jun 2013 [BBC]
    17 Amido Balde, £1.5m from Vitoria Guimaraes, Jun 2013 [BBC]
    26 Viktor Noring, (loan) from Trelleborgs FF, Jan 2013 [STV]
    05 Rami Gershon, (loan) from Standard L

Quote Originally Posted by aberdeentrotter
    gotta say I am happy with this appointment, of all thes banded about I am surprised Neil got the opportunity, a lot more easy options for fatside to have opted for, IMO, I would liked to have been a fly on the wall during the interview.

Don't think Lennon is one to swallow any of fatsides bull so there must be something that lennon feels he can achieve with the squad.

An ambitious manager who I feel wants to manage in the highest tier and make a for himself.

Brings a decent back room team with him too

I'm a happy trotter tonight

on paper we have a strong squad, I think we have appointed now a manager that can transfer that strength back on to the grass.
    Pretty much sums it up for me.

As eric has said many times we ain't got a pot to p1ss in so whoever came in would have to deal with the no-mark sh1tehouses who steal a living out of our club. Mackay was my preferred option but Lennon will do for me.

He des

Right I'm here! The little ginger haired, obnoxious prick from Northern Ireland, that is a catholic and apparently supports the IRA, well you ****ing Moxey & Garvan, you're ****ing ****e now jog along, otherwise I'll blow your ****ing car up, big time!(joke btw)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)