+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon

re: Neil Lennon

I'd rather have Kean back than that bigoted twohat

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    From managing a big team in one of the weakest leagues in Europe, Where he was guaranteed second at worst to managing a average team in a very competitive league is a very risky appointment one im glad Bolton are taking and not us
    Remember that guy who won us promotion and a league cup. He managed in scotland aswell at the other Glasgow side. As did Martin O'Neill. And Alex Ferguson. Managing in scotland doesnt make you a bad manager. Use the same logic for a player. Tuguy played for Rangers. He, like Souness, turned out great.[/quote]

You're right but still risky, Can he work with very little money at a club who's finances make us look like City even with our debt

Martain Oneil had already managed at
    Wycombe
    Norwich City
    Leicester City
    Before going to Celtic was far more proven

Same with Ferguson
    Stirlingshire
    St. Mirren
    Aberdeen where he won the Scottish league

Souness i

Quote Originally Posted by BlueANwhite
    From managing a big team in one of the weakest leagues in Europe, Where he was guaranteed second at worst to managing a average team in a very competitive league is a very risky appointment one im glad Bolton are taking and not us
    Remember that guy who won us promotion and a league cup. He managed in scotland aswell at the other Glasgow side. As did Martin O'Neill. And Alex Ferguson. Managing in scotland doesnt make you a bad manager. Use the same logic for a player. Tuguy played for Rangers. He, like Souness, turned out great.[/quote]

You're right but still risky, Can he work with very little money at a club who's finances make us look like City even with our debt

Martain Oneil had already managed at
    Wycombe
    Norwich City
    Leicester City
    Before going to Celtic was far more proven

Same with Ferguson
    Stirlingshire
    St. Mirren
    Aber

Got failure written all over it in my opinion .

I cannot see Lennon cutting it I would far prefer a McDermott or a moyes at the club that said your point of ainsworth is a quality one he has a presence about him and works bloody hard I can see Wycombe making the playoffs under him which is a miracle considering where they were as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover
    I cannot see Lennon cutting it I would far prefer a McDermott or a moyes at the club that said your point of ainsworth is a quality one he has a presence about him and works bloody hard I can see Wycombe making the playoffs under him which is a miracle considering where they were as a team.

Good points. I think Wycombe, Bury and Burton (who like Ainsworth have an excellent manager in Gary Rowett) will all go up automatically. Its good watching the Div 2 this season, very enjoyable games. Ive seen Bury and Morecambe (and wycombe) a few times this season and I'm impressed. Its disapointing that football has tunnel vision and the same useless managers (like Allardyce) get the same jobs (and ends up being one of the highest figures around) ...football is a job for the 'boys' at the top levels. Some excellent managers and coaches around the lower leagues. But each time a job comes up around the top 2 divisions, sames come out...

A good thread. I'm not ready to dump GB yet, but the reasoning put forward here is at least founded in reality, rather than assuming that a new manager would automatically send us shooting up the league.
    I very much agree that there is the equivalent of an old boys' network operating when it comes to picking a manager for the top two divisions.
    The strange thing is, a few of them have failed more than once, but they remain go-tos.

If you look on Boltons site Auks, there is mixed feelings about Lennon and rightly so, although a few hail him as the next messiah' quite a few are as sccptical as I am as to whether he can adapt to the Championship.
    On their prediction site the majority say away win at Brum expecting as you say to fire them up the league, we have seen this all too often ourselves and I am more than happy with GB, they might be going to a struggling Brum side but he has only got what ammunition he was left with, will be keeping an eye on this one as we play Brum the following Tues night at home. I would be happy with 4 points from next two games' although 6 would be brilliant.

Guess I will have to settle for the 4 it was looking a tad sad till Ben saved us, just hope we can add to Brums misery after Lennon getting a win on his debut.

I'll bump this as it went slightly off piste.
    I still maintain Lennon will do a good job and has the enthusiasm to get stuck into a job down here. Not used to having any kind of a budget (he didn't spend much at Celtic) is also something massively overlooked.

In terms of the division we play, it's interesting that 'experience' is always perceived as being the golden ticket to success. In the Prem, Southampton took on Pogetino (spell??) who had zero Prem experience, and Koeman has taken the good work he started and is carrying on very well. He also has no experience. Norwich in our division have Neil Adams. He has no experience. He is also doing very well. Dyche at Burnley didn't exactly have realms of experience as he took Burnley up. What all those managersd have in common, at they are all young and enthusiastic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)