+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Millers v Leeds past meetings

re: Millers v Leeds past meetings

Quote Originally Posted by scum_triumphant
    I spent the first 20 minutes of the one nil at Millmoor in the away end after a mix up with a free ticket. I naively thought a steward would move me straight over. It took 20 minutes of pleading while thinking I was gonna get a good hiding.

Did Becchio play in the 4-2?
    No that was about 4 years before he signed for Leeds.[/quote]

Are you sure Ellis. I asked Zippy on facebook and he says Becchio came on as sub. You may be mistaken mate Zippy is rarely wrong about these things.[/quote]

Apologies, I never read your post properly, I thought you were responding to the 1-0 merry_miller was posting about, which was from 2004, and Becchio signed for Leeds in 2008. I must learn to read posts fully before responding!

re: Millers v Leeds past meetings

Seen us play Leeds quiet a few times over the years,my first encounter was in 1961/62(I was 10yr old) at Elland Rd 2nd Sept we won 3-1 with a Alan Kirkman hat-trick,cant remember that much about the game but can remember the travel quiet clearly has it was my very first away game,met the lad who took me to the matches he was 15 and just started work at old Parkgate Forge,we caught the train to Leeds from old Parkgate and Rawmarsh railway station(on wesh lane) then a bus from Leeds station to Elland Rd,probably no more than 5 shilling for a day to remember. U.T.M.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12