+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong...

Hong Kong...

What say you Britain?

re: Hong Kong...

Perfect demonstration of a totalitarian state adopting a facade of "openness" in order to take advantage of western customers.

China is not some open, democratic country. It is a one party state run by a gang of apparatchiks who exercise brutal control over the populace.

I believe that manufacturing goods in China and taking advantage of their lower labour costs is a false economy and will bite us on the ar5e in the future.

The customer is always king, whether it's a bloke buying a telly from Currys or a Nation arranging imports. If you pay the money, you should exercise control on how it is made and delivered.

Allowing a nation like China to achieve the powerful position it now occupies is purely down to western companies using its factories, then buying the goods, with decisions being made purely on short-term profit terms. We are handing them our b4lls on a platter.

Better to maintain a smaller club of inter-dependent nations who share values, who can trade between themselves

Was always going to end up like this to be fair, a democratic country for over 100 years, handed over to China, wasn't going to end well.

Lived there for 2 years in my younger years, beautiful country. People are (unts.

Born there, and it wasnt like it is now, not all americanised looking. Tower blocks yes, but the scruffy looking concrete ones.

Rick Shaw was one of its famous people.

A bit sad its turned out as it has, wanted to revisit, but i am going to skip it, memories are better.

Quote Originally Posted by jon15u
    Born there, and it wasnt like it is now, not all americanised looking. Tower blocks yes, but the scruffy looking concrete ones.

A bit sad its turned out as it has, wanted to revisit, but i am going to skip it, memories are better.
    "americanised looking"...kind of like what has happened to London.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFORWHUFC

"americanised looking"...kind of like what has happened to London.[/quote]

Explain?

Quote Originally Posted by EastEastEastLondon

Explain?[/quote]

The tall buildings hide the Mosques which is the intention. Nothing to do with Americaisation Its not like the place is full of "Fast Eddies","Subway","Costas" and "Starbucks" is it

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond

Explain?[/quote]

The tall buildings hide the Mosques which is the intention. Nothing to do with Americaisation Its not like the place is full of "Fast Eddies","Subway","Costas" and "Starbucks" is it[/quote]Good answer, I'm all for the project to hide Mosques!!

Quote Originally Posted by USAFORWHUFC

Wasnt a dig just meaning it lost its identity, imo. And yes parts of London might have gone that way.

Old Hong Kong was more shanty townish, now it, or the last pics i saw of it, were all clean looking sky scrapers and lights.

Quote Originally Posted by jon15u

Wasnt a dig just meaning it lost its identity, imo. And yes parts of London might have gone that way.

Old Hong Kong was more shanty townish, now it, or the last pics i saw of it, were all clean looking sky scrapers and lights.[/quote]

For me its my favourite city in the world...it has chnged a bit but what I like is that HK Island and Kowloon has three distinct vibes depending on where you are

1) Very Chinese
    2) Like Piccadilly Circus (shops etc)
    3) Like the City of London - businesses

and

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)