+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leeds fans

re: Leeds fans

Quote Originally Posted by rufc1986
    The biggest grip I have about Leeds Supporters, is that stupid song they sing about being 'European Champions', when in fact they never were. Bayern Munich won the game!!
    Many years ago we drove from Bradford to Scunny to watch Dirty leeds in a cup tie (Don't ask me why). I think Dirty were in division 2 and Scunny in division 4. Scunny won 4-2 and the Dirties were even singing 'Champions of Europe whilst they were getting outplayed!!!!

Like every Club, there's good and bad fans, knowledgeable and knuckle draggers.

I don't like fans from Rotherham who don't support the Milers but the Leeds lot seem to be OK/bearable compared to some of the deluded Bobby big B*llocks we have to put up with.

UTM

I know a lot of leeds fans from my time in the army and also a lot of the scooter lads from west yorks support leeds fantastic bunch of lads just don't talk football! most blinkered bunch ever! i go to leeds a lot to watch rugby so really don't mind them to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by rufc1986
    The biggest grip I have about Leeds Supporters, is that stupid song they sing about being 'European Champions', when in fact they never were. Bayern Munich won the game!!
    Yes! That is exactly what I was going to say.

"We are the champions, champions of Europe!"

Erm, no you aren't. Never have been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by fivetide
    I can see top quality posts like this really helping us to avoid any trouble on Friday.

Excellent job.
    It only takes one idiot mate & unfotunately it seems that Rotherham just like every other club has theirs - here's hoping for a good match without any trouble, may the best team win & best of luck to Rotherham for the remainder of the season.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeedsMiller
    Best away support i've ever heard against rotherham to be honest. Always loud and singing what ever happens. Im expecting to hear the best atmosphere from an away following at the New York stadium so far. The Leeds songs are better because there isn't many words to them, un-like ours which at times are that complicated no one sings them. Prime example being the Luciano Becchio song. Leeds simple version sounds much better than ours. Not that it matters now though
    Totally agree about simplifying our songs. I have said this before.

'Dit dit dit dd dit dit ditd ditid dit dit dit Alex Revell', can't be sung effectively when its a big crowd. Did anyone try and sing that at Wembley because despite him scoring 2 I didn't hear it. 'One Alex Revell, theres only one Alex Revell' probably would have been sung by everyone.[/quote]

Yeah, our song about Alex Revell which has tw

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D
    Yes! That is exactly what I was going to say.

"We are the champions, champions of Europe!"

Erm, no you aren't. Never have been, never will be.[/quote]

[color=blue] As you have the power to look into the future any chance of telling me what six numbers I should select on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley_Miller
    Like every Club, there's good and bad fans, knowledgeable and knuckle draggers.

I don't like fans from Rotherham who don't support the Milers but the Leeds lot seem to be OK/bearable compared to some of the deluded Bobby big B*llocks we have to put up with.

UTM
    [color=blue] Just like you now living in Barnsley some of us now living in the Rotherham area are not from Rotherham. While serving Queen and country I had the fortune to marry a young Lady from Rotherham. I am proud to say though that my children and now my grandchildren have Been raised to follow the club followed by myself my Dad and my Granddad. Friday will be a great family event for us. My brothers and nephews from Leeds enjoying a weekend of the delights of Rotherham. I look forward to the days when I can introduce my Great Grandchildren to the pleasure of following Leeds United.

M.O.T. W.A.C.C.O.E

I live in Wakefield and I find Leeds fans unbearable in the most part, and that's due to the fact that they thrive on past glories. It's the same reason I dislike Liverpool and Wednesday fans.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Leeds should be the biggest club in the country by some distance. Third biggest city in the UK, with only one football team. They don't have another big club anywhere near them, and a city like Wakefield doesn't even have a professional club. The catchment area is huge, and a club like Leeds in a region of its size and population, in my eyes, should be pulling in crowds like Borussia Dortmund, never mind Manchester United.

We have some Leeds fans at work due to them being re-located. Season ticket holders for twenty years +. Decent blokes , and didn't get a look in for a ticket, due to the way they are allocated.
    They think Rotherham are a team of cloggers.
    Which is a bit rich.
    Their away form is not too good .
    We can take 3 points here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast