+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Notts fans on

re: Notts fans on

OJ Simpson's case was even more ridiculous.

It was so blatantly obvious he was guilty that the prosecution team didn't think they even had to put a case together. The defence team threw so many red herrings at the jury before playing the race card that the jurors didn't know what to believe. The welter of evidence was secondary, it was a soap opera trial played out to the media and a stupid and gullible public.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    Me, I'd take my own retribution. Though blowing someones knee caps off, wouldn't be any good in this case,

I'd be tempted to aim a bit more central and a foot or so higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    And that for me is the bit that really, really stinks.
    And who are you to judge them?
    Have you dealt with murder victims' families?

I have and I can tell you, few react to their losses in the same way.

Some are bitter, some are in denial (thinking their kid is alive), some are very angry, some are indifferent (on the outside that is) and of course all are distraught.

Each deals with it differently, some are forgiving even.

But a common trend among a quite a number is that at the end of the trial, they are just looking for closure. Of course they want justice, but closure is most important.

A trial is very exhausting and heart wrenching for the family. Some are so mentally drained they just want it to end with a guilty verdict and a sentence, any sentence.

This could well be the case with them. To judge them on the basis of their remarks or their views as you have is unfair. Do you think they are happy to bury their daught

And what about OJ's trial?

Isn't it the pillar of our legal system that a person is guilty only when 12 men and women sitting as a jury decides he is?

Or are we going to say, no, no, a person can be guilty because I think he is, because EP or TTR thinks he is, because so and so says it is, or because the media or some legal expert says it is?

Do I think he is guilty? Yes I do, but my opinion and yours and everyone else's has as much weight as dog poo.

If a court finds him innocent and the appeals process says the same, he is innocent, period.

At the end of the day, it's for the prosecution to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt, it's not for the defense to prove his innocence beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The defense is entitled to raise any defense it thinks fit. The prosecution was so inept that the jury decided based on the evidence adduced in court and that alone, there wasn't enough to convict beyond a reasonable doubt.

Many jurors said as much, in their hearts they

Just read the ched evans transcript again.a witness said that she has suffered a few times of blackouts whilst out drinking (my guess 2 or 3,which would be the same amount of times she's claimed rape) if this is the case why is she going out drinking heavily and taking drugs?surley if you suffer from this it would be in your best interests to not go out drinking because who knows what could happen.the more you read the more you think wtf is going on here! Not convinced that a guilty verdict was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_ForestMad
    Just read the ched evans transcript again.a witness said that she has suffered a few times of blackouts whilst out drinking (my guess 2 or 3,which would be the same amount of times she's claimed rape) if this is the case why is she going out drinking heavily and taking drugs?surley if you suffer from this it would be in your best interests to not go out drinking because who knows what could happen.the more you read the more you think wtf is going on here! Not convinced that a guilty verdict was correct.
    And therein lies the problem. It reminds me of the story of that retarded girl that local youths were having *** with. She had no idea what she was doing and it became controversial.
    They even had to sterilize her.

Recap, man finds a girl talks her into going for a shag into a hotel no matter what state she's in.
    He then phones his mates to tip them off "he's got a right one here" and they race round for a go.

Evans set hi

But does she actually have these "blackouts" or is she telling porkies?only she knows and she ain't gonna go back on it now.

This case gets more bizarre by the minute. I have just watched a video plea by Evans after his release on the news. So obviously scripted and rehearsed, it does him no favours at all. I've just read this bit of a transcript from the appeal hearing that Polish linked on the Rams site, and it turned my stomach:

"The applicant entered the room. ***ual intercourse between McDonald and the complainant ceased. The applicant
    performed oral *** on the complainant and then had vaginal *** with her".

So McDonald had *** with her, Evans then came into the room and performed oral *** on the girl before having vaginal *** with her. Probably no evidence there on whether it was rape or not, but just wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    This case gets more bizarre by the minute. I have just watched a video plea by Evans after his release on the news. So obviously scripted and rehearsed, it does him no favours at all. I've just read this bit of a transcript from the appeal hearing that Polish linked on the Rams site, and it turned my stomach:

"The applicant entered the room. ***ual intercourse between McDonald and the complainant ceased. The applicant
    performed oral *** on the complainant and then had vaginal *** with her".

So McDonald had *** with her, Evans then came into the room and performed oral *** on the girl before having vaginal *** with her. Probably no evidence there on whether it was rape or not, but just wrong on so many levels.
    One walks and one gets a 2.5 year sentence!

What turns my stomach, is how that girlfriend of his can sit there with adoring eyes whilst he spouts this crap.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789