+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: on reflection

on reflection

Its nearly 2am and i've just got in from London and had a few jars. On the train I found myself trying to think of a reason why any fecker would want to support your lot. This question has been bugging me for over 40 years and i've never found an answer. Could anyone enlighten me?

re: on reflection

A hell of a lot more reasons than for your club - perhaps it's the booze that's clouding your thinking!

1. Premier League status - we're 3rd in the table!
    2. Top-notch academy - which means we will maintain our status in the Prem and build as time goes on, hopefully making a charge for European football before too long.
    3. Financial security - something you wouldn't know about so I don't blame you for not getting that one.
    4. The fact that we're indisputably the biggest club in the South.
    5. Times are great - we have an incredible amount of quality in our first team, are playing beautiful football, and are riding high on the crest of the last 4 years which have simply been a joy to watch.

Looking forward to more of the same over the coming years - go back to school Semen, where you can think more about Southampton FC which seems to be becoming somewhat of an obsession for you

I don't know why but Pompey fans seem to regard any ex-Southampton player or manager who goes there as some sort of god. Many of them currently think that David Connolly will be the answer to the prayers. His best years were 10 to 14 years ago.

He'll be 38 and probably retiring from football altogether next summer. Yet, they still seem to think his Southampton class is somehow going to rub off on them.

Connolly is doing a great job down the road, simply exemplary - I just hope he keep it up for another 8 months.

Who will be their next Messiah? James Beattie? Let's face it he's got all the credentials they require: he played for Southampton.

Yes, it looks certain that he'll prevent us from winning a trophy. Don't know why we signed him, this conclusion was obvious.

Not a patch on the work done by Agents Redknapp and Crouch.

And for the sake of Pents - BELLENDS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by simondenmead
    Its nearly 2am and i've just got in from London and had a few jars. On the train I found myself trying to think of a reason why any fecker would want to support your lot. This question has been bugging me for over 40 years and i've never found an answer. Could anyone enlighten me?
    BELLEND of all BELLENDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    BELLEND of all BELLENDS.[/quote]

Yes but you'll notice NO-ONE (like usual) has answered the question. I said i wondered it for the last 40 yrs. Some JCL mentioned about 3 rd in table,present day team, training facilities blah blah. You know the normal trophy less rubbish that gets spouted. But not one was a proper answer given.

So i guess there isn't one

1. Premier League status - we're 3rd in the table!

(meaningless have actually won nothing. Season very early have played few games and no-one of real quality)

2. Top-notch academy - which means we will maintain our status in the Prem and build as time goes on, hopefully making a charge for European football before too long.

(No disagree- will help larger clubs who will consistantly cull you thus maintaining your 'feeder club' status)

3. Financial security - something you wouldn't know about so I don't blame you for not getting that one.

(Please provide proof of this it does not seem apparent. Madam could walk away and you're in a real mess. No back up)

4. The fact that we're indisputably the biggest club in the South.

(On history, potential, tradition, passion and respect from the larger football world this is absolute nonsense)

5. Times are great - we have an incredible amount of quality in our first team, are playing beautiful football, and are riding high on the crest of

Quote Originally Posted by simondenmead
    40 years and you still don't have an answer?

It didn't even take me 4 seconds to realise that your posts make pointless reading.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast