+ Visit Tottenham Hotspur FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man City vs Spurs

Man City vs Spurs

Early team news.

"Tottenham have doubts over Hugo Lloris and Nacer Chadli after both returned from international duty with injuries.
    Kyle Naughton is out with an ankle problem, while Emmanuel Adebayor and Nabil Bentaleb need to be assessed."

COYS

re: Man City vs Spurs

I'd normally lmao at you lot getting hammered 4-1 but that ref made absolutely sure there was only ever going to be one winner today. It's hard enough going to the Etihad anyway, without the ref being a home banker.

Never a 4-1 game the way I saw it and I'd be properly pi.ssed if it was us on the end of that result after playing pretty well all in all.

Ya need new CB's tho..definitely.

tbf we should never of had a pen either but ref did everything he could to make sure we came away with nothing.

cheers for that billy was wondering if i was just blaming the ref for us losing but for you to say it must of been as bad as i thought.

Referee had an absolute shocker.

We're seeing too much of this. Referees are there to adjudicate, that's it.

But almost every game they are influencing at best and point-blank deciding at worst.

for one the first goal was offside. Lampard was in a offside position, in the line of sight of the keeper and if he jumps over the ball has to be interfering with play. He knew it and inadvertently put his hand up, looking to see if it had been given.
    The second was never a penalty
    Maybe the Kaboul one, but fouls are meant to intentional. However, you could give that.
    The last and the sending off was shocking.
    Aguero ran acrossFazio putting his left aren across Fazio's body, which contacted Fazio's arm and he went down.
    They are very astute at doing that Man City and Chelsea. Maybe that's why they win so many penalties.
    Never a red card as he was not the last man and the reason he went down was because he was not reaching the cross. He's fast, but not that fast.
    Still, Dzeko did the same last year.

I think we played very well, and if we had finished better we could probably have won, who knows
    As it was poor finishing let us down and a muggy ref with no bottle or a swiss bank account.

I seem to remember iffy decisions going against us at city last year too one mancheater team replaces another Mancheater team as the men in blacks favourite

[quote="danegee"]for one the first goal was offside. Lampard was in a offside position, in the line of sight of the keeper and if he jumps over the ball has to be interfering with play. He knew it and inadvertently put his hand up, looking to see if it had been given.
    Maybe the Kaboul one, but fouls are meant to intentional. However, you could give that.
    Aguero ran acrossFazio putting his left aren across Fazio's body, which contacted Fazio's arm and he went down.
    They are very astute at doing that Man City and Chelsea. Maybe that's why they win so many penalties.
    Never a red card as he was not the last man and the reason he went down was because he was not reaching the cross. He's fast, but not that fast.

I think we played very well, and if we had finished better we could probably have won, who knows
    As it was poor finishing let us down and a mugg

[quote="connelljj"]for one the first goal was offside. Lampard was in a offside position, in the line of sight of the keeper and if he jumps over the ball has to be interfering with play. He knew it and inadvertently put his hand up, looking to see if it had been given.

What is it with the refs of the PL, so much money involved in the game and still, these imbeciles are employed. About time video evidence was employed, and kcuf the likes of these neanderthal school tie brigade jobs worths like Platini and Sepp Fatter out of the game, along with most of the refs.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)