+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: J Swift

J Swift

Do you think he will play first team football again for us?
    i looked at that leeds sub adryan. and thought he was in the same mould. quick feet and likes to run at defenders. as a hard working side would/could a player like these fit in?

re: J Swift

Think they might as well send the poor bloke back cannot understand signing someone on loan and never playing him. Thought the whole point of Chelsea sending him out was to get some first team action and am surprised Chelsea have not asked Rotherham what is going on with Swift

Quote Originally Posted by martinthemiller1968
    Think they might as well send the poor bloke back cannot understand signing someone on loan and never playing him. Thought the whole point of Chelsea sending him out was to get some first team action and am surprised Chelsea have not asked Rotherham what is going on with Swift
    Not sure what you are suggesting Martin. Do you think he should be playing because he's one of Jose's boys.

If he was good enough he would be in the side, he obviously isn't ready yet. We're not a league 2 side we're in the championship and don't have to pander to anyone anymore, that includes Chelsea.

I certainly wouldn't be dropping anyone to fit him in. He will just have to be patient and take his chance when opportunity knocks for him.

When Swift understands that he needs to run his blood to water like the players did on Friday, he will get in the team.

This is Rotherham United not Chelsea boys!

He is here to learn but he ain't ready to get a place yet. Unimportant what the parent club think.

If he stays he might push his way in this season as he has bags of ability. However, his stature and work rate haven't developed enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ida
    He is here to learn but he ain't ready to get a place yet. Unimportant what the parent club think.

If he stays he might push his way in this season as he has bags of ability. However, his stature and work rate haven't developed enough.
    Cant the parent club pull him from his loan if they arent happy about his involvment in the team or his "development"

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley_Miller

Cant the parent club pull him from his loan if they arent happy about his involvment in the team or his "development"[/quote]

With some loans, there is a "callback" agreement, but some are fixed terms, and the player can't be called back until the agreed loan period ends.

Where I would be most bothered is club relations. I can't imagine Jose would have loaned him to us for him to sit in our reserves. So surely Chelsea will be unhappy about his lack of game time.

And so surely Chelsea will be less likely to loan us players in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D

Cant the parent club pull him from his loan if they arent happy about his involvment in the team or his "development"[/quote]

With some loans, there is a "callback" agreement, but some are fixed terms, and the player can't be called back until the agreed loan period ends.

Where I would be most bothered is club relations. I can't imagine Jose would have loaned him to us for him to sit in our reserves. So surely Chelsea will be unhappy about his lack of game time.

And so surely Chelsea will be less likely to loan us players in the future.[/quote]

So Oscar wont be coming in the january window then? :blue

Yes he will get on the pitch, we know what we are doing and there was noway he was going to play against Leeds unless absolutely no other option.

I thought Jose personally agreed terms with big Steve. And big Steve promised to treat him like a son.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast