+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The return of Average Joe?

The return of Average Joe?

In the light of TFA's request to fill in his weekly entries with a default score, instead of doing that and to be fair to all I'm contemplating the return of Average Joe (who we had many years back). This enables the lazy/forgetful amongst us to be able to try and complete the season without giving up hope at an early stage.

What this basically means is that when two conditions arise:

1. You have already missed 4 weeks of predicting.
    2. You miss 'this' week.

you will automatically be assigned 'this' week's average score.

Anyone strongly disagree? If not I'll back fill a few scores for the posters who already meet this criteria.

re: The return of Average Joe?

Works for me mate!

I've got a really busy year and that's before the little un pops out in about 4 weeks time so odds are I may forget a few.

Only alternative would be to add more game weeks around Xmas and/or Easter??

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller
    In the light of TFA's request to fill in his weekly entries with a default score, instead of doing that and to be fair to all I'm contemplating the return of Average Joe (who we had many years back). This enables the lazy/forgetful amongst us to be able to try and complete the season without giving up hope at an early stage.

2. You miss 'this' week.

Anyone strongly disagree? If not I'll back fill a few scores for the posters who already meet this criteria.
    Without my mate fat head getting the huff on I have to strongly disagree...

The rules are there at the start of the season and should not be adjusted for anyone who fails to complete any of the weeks just because they have a busy schedule...

Frickley usually gives us 6 days advance notice in which to p

Quote Originally Posted by Brin

2. You miss 'this' week.

The rules are there at the start of the season and should not be adjusted for anyone who fails to complete any of the weeks just because they have a busy schedule...

Frickley usually gi

'If' but I don't know why, that you have to award anything for folk missing their entries, then the donkey award points should be given as they have no rights to be claiming any higher than the lowest scored...

As I said earlier, I don't think you should be giving anything for one week missed as that person may wish to leave that week out...

It is a non rewarding task you take on each week and I for one are truly grateful. Keep up the good work buddy I'm sure the rest enjoy it and if I recall it only set off with a handful and steadily grew...it will carry on Im sure of that...

Bollox to you then...I quit.

You've dropped your dummy...

You've dropped your dummy...
    ...and he's going to need it with a baby on the way

...and don't forget TFA...(see link)...

(Is that Brin, TFA and Corner in the white suits?) - view external link

2. You miss 'this' week.

Frickley usually gi

Surely to give the average is wrong. I maybe wrong as I am in Tenerife at the moment and having been out for the evening and managed to down a few I might not be thinking straight...apologies just in case. Does this mean that if I never post until the end of the season I would get the average score?