+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Drummer boy

Drummer boy

I haven't heard anyone beating the drums in the Gresty Road End for quite some time, does the guy who usually brings it no longer come to the games?

Also...there's been no one at away games, which is also a shame as I love the atmosphere and its always better with someone banging the living daylights outta a drum.

I was tempted to take one to Walsall but didn't know if you had to arrange with the home club to bring one first, anyone know about these things?

re: Drummer boy

Haven't seen (or heard) the drummer for some time now. It's a shame as it definitely used to improve the atmosphere at home and away; particularly those away days when there didn't used to be many of us there.

I personally think that the club should try to help facilitate a drummer a bit better. How about free travel on the official coaches for away games? Anything to improve the atmosphere is always a bonus!

re: Drummer boy

Last year at Sheffield United, one of their stewards got on the coach and told our drummer that he couldn't take his drum into the ground as it could be used as an offensive weapon.
    A bit annoying really when their fans brought a drum to Gresty Road later in the season.