+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arnie

re: Arnie

Quote Originally Posted by 1960smiller
    Why shouldn't he single Arnie out? You don't have a problem when he singles others out.

I thought a few in defence and midfield fell asleep.
    Mistakes by Arnie and Skarz.
    Richardson backs off too much and I've said this from his first game
    Green is a great player but he also made mistakes.
    Derbyshire missed a sitter? look again
    I thought Bowery should have come on for Revell in the last ten minutes , he couldn't even walk on side he was that Knackerd, Evans really need to learn when to take players off.

Apart from all that we got a point to Fulham
    Again I am not saying he should not,but not in public.[/quote]

I'm not saying it's right but some don't moan or agree with him when he singles other players out in public.
    Again why not Arnie?

Unnecessary comments to be making to the media to be honest. Shout at him in the changing rooms by all means, but why do the press need to be hearing things like that? He's been a class act so far this season, why try and demolish his confidence in one fell swoop?

You didn't see Evans slating Derbyshire for that miss (when it was easier to score) last night, or Broadfoot for being relatively garbage (compared to Richardson) earlier in the season did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank
    Unnecessary comments to be making to the media to be honest. Shout at him in the changing rooms by all means, but why do the press need to be hearing things like that? He's been a class act so far this season, why try and demolish his confidence in one fell swoop?

You didn't see Evans slating Derbyshire for that miss (when it was easier to score) last night, or Broadfoot for being relatively garbage (compared to Richardson) earlier in the season did you?
    Evans does/has critised others in public.
    Watch the game again or listen to the interview from Evans about Derbyshire.
    If you think Broadfoot is garbage then you have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop

Evans does/has critised others in public.
    Watch the game again or listen to the interview from Evans about Derbshire.
    If you think Broadfoot is garbage then you have a problem.[/quote]

*Relatively is a key word in what I said. We've been an awful lot better since we've been had Richardson back particularly in defence but also attack. So to say RELATIVELY garbage wouldn't be unfair to be honest. I'm not doubting Broadfoot is a good C

Players accept public praise so should accept public criticism, if Arnie or anyone else doesn't like it , tough sheite.
    Evans is 100% right to say it as it is, it's nothing to do with good or bad management, it's fact and needs saying.
    Wrapping them in cotton wool and covering over the cracks is ludicrous. A sheite performance needs to be addressed. It's up to Arnie now to respond.

Clearly some of our fans are not the brightest. In making the comments about Arnie, a player Steve has huge respect for and a player who has simply been outstanding this season, Evans was sending a message to everyone else.

What he was saying without saying is:- "This guy is our best player and had a stinker tonight, but he is not beyond being dropped. For you others that are nowhere near as good as Arnie, you need to step up your game, he is allowed one bad game, some of you others aren't".

Very good man management in my opinion. Just hope some of the players are bright enough to realise the comments were made at them.

He was trying. Look at his face. Not sure what Revell is doing...

its his head thats important.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123