+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 55 Pounds For a diagnosis From your GP

55 Pounds For a diagnosis From your GP

Sometimes I think I'm living a bloody dream with all the crap happening in this country.

Family doctors in England are to be paid £55 every time they diagnose a case of dementia, NHS England has said.

What the hell for ? Surely Doctors are there to help in all ways possible for the health of their patients.

The NHS is leaking money 20 fold yet are giving a "bonus" to Doctors doing their job.

What's next 2 pound for flu coming on,5 pounds for high blood pressure 10 pounds for Bronchitis, 20 pounds for Gonorrhea, 80 pounds for piles... - view external link

re: 55 Pounds For a diagnosis From your GP

Its not quite as simple as that Mike! NHS England want GP practices to offer more GP appointments specifically for identifying Dementia, the patient is routinely asked at a practice nurse appointment some simple questions, if there is a concern at this point the patient is then made a double GP appointment where the GP has to work through a complex template answering lots of questions, the results are analysed and a decision is then made on whether or not the patient has or maybe has initial signs of Dementia. There is also a lot of admin background work done ie computerised reporting back to NHS England, to do this practices have to invest in staff and resources to make this happen, this costs a lot of money and to be honest £55 will not cover it and it certainly isnt extra money going into a GPs pocket! Locum GPs charge about £100 per hour so work out the cost of 2 GP appointments (20 minutes) = £33 plus a 15 minute practice nurse appointment = £8 plus admin time and recources??? Thi

I will take further advisement on your statement Lawrie, seeing as you are feeding from the NHS and are adhering to the saying "You don't bite the hand that feeds you"

By the way seeing as you are here, how much does it cost the NHS for one of its Practice Managers to be on the internet on a message board while at work

You know i only ever do this in my coffee breaks or lunch breaks

Quote Originally Posted by lazaat
    You know i only ever do this in my coffee breaks or lunch breaks
    Breaks ? How many do you have throughout the day ?

Next you'll be telling me you have a sore throat

Edit: Just noticed you have been logged in for 135 minutes, would that be one of your lunch "breaks" or coffee "breaks" ?

My best mate has dementia,absolutely dreadful disease ,it breaks my heart to see him as he is..sat in a chair wearing a nappy ,being spoon fed ,not able to recognise anybody or anything.".. Just 4 years ago he was running marathons and the life and soul of the party...

I really do welcome as much as possible being put into finding anything out about this disease to stop its progression,so I welcome the decision, if as Laz says ( and a don't doubt his words) that it will help the disease and isn't just a payment to help swell the doctors already bulging pockets..

[quote="alfinyalcabo".. Just 4 years ago he was running marathons and the life and soul of the party...

I really do welcome as much as possible being put into finding anything out about this disease to stop its progression,so I welcome the decision, if as Laz says ( and a don't doubt his words) that it will help the disease and isn't just a payment to help swell the doctors already bulging pockets..[/quote]

I can fully understand where Alto is coming from though ..

I probably would not be so anti Government/NHS if the Government poured more money into the NHS for funding such crippling illness' instead of pumping more money into pen pushing managers which we don't need, plus all the other waste the Governments spew into it.

The Hospitals are useless regardless of what Cameron says, I have seen it first hand when my Mum was on a ward in her final lasts weeks, it was heart breaking to see, from cleaners to top consultants, they were all the same in that they were lazy, rude, without compassion for their fellow staff let alone patients.

I don't know anyone with dementia Alf, I'm sure it does pull at your heart strings when knowing him for what he was and now sadly how he is.

I have a regular passenger on my route, he's in his 40's, his attitude is great, he tries to joke with me when he gets on the bus and always asks me how I am, we have a good chat which annoys passengers already on the bus, he has Parkinson's and always is accompanied with a h

Terrible thing dementia

But surely the focus shouldn't be on just dementia

Who and how do ppl get selected for the tests?

You would hope for an equal and fair system but it isn't always so

I've had good and bad treatment in hospital

I truly feel for you Alto feeling your mum's last days could have been in a better place

Perhaps if Camerloon saves the 1.7bn due to be paid to the money pit on the 1st December he may invest in better care for ALLL !!!! nOT A QUALITY CARE LOTTERY !!!!