+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lee Clark and the Comet...Thanks GR

Lee Clark and the Comet...Thanks GR

There may be some who don't like SHA, but if you are a Blues fan then you must read this.

Penned by Gary Rowett from SHA, one of the best, most thoughtful reads I've seen about the whole Clark kerfuffle.

Stick with it - it's worth it.

Link:- - view external link

re: Lee Clark and the Comet...Thanks GR

Well by the "standards" of SHA our man Rowett is Bertrand Russell but TBH Bluesince I think he's taking the easy way out - BIHL isn't going to give up control of the club anytime soon, nor are the fans going to gain control of it anytime soon; so that's not really worth talking about. The performance of the team and its manager are actually something they/we can comment on and maybe affect in some small way. Expressing that we're pi55ed off because of Clark, his bizarre personality, his even more bizarre man and football management and the absolutely dismal run of results doesn't mean we are not pi55ed off with The Yeung Ones fiasco - I know I sure as hell am but that is simply raging against the dying of the day; being appalled by Clark and the pathetic "efforts" of Robinson is simply a practical choice.

Anyway let's hope the new man can do what Clark so conspicuously failed to do and in the absence of getting better players gets the players he's got to play better. And drops Robi

PS Bluesince we need one of these - and this type of second half performance also.

Of course if we did have one; the Board would only sell if for a fraction of its true value

Awesome song. These lads carp on Oasis & Blur. No wonder two of them ended up in Paul Weller's band... - view external link

Love it. I do love analogy and this is so well constructed with such intellect at the clubs disposal we have a bright future!

So the issue is all about a business in a shareholder and corporate b**ggers muddle and that having fleeced the club of its asserts there is nothing of value left, and any legal mind worth its salt would have a field day. A ten point deduction looms large.

The board need to be advised by their non execs ( I'm happy to join their board to fulfil this role ) that there is no way the business can trade/play its way out of the hole and accept whatever they may be offered for the business. Sad fact is, that any potential purchaser would just let it go bust and buy it out of administration.

The announcement to the HK Stock Market about the share price rise is indicative of some serious corporate poker going on at the club & fans expense in an attempt for the current board to save financial face ( and any associated pack of cards )

I could go on, but this angst is

For some reason the youtube links won't work for me Kiwi.
    Cello whether you agree with Rowett or not, I just think it's a really good bit of writing.

KRO

To be honest I dont see the point that the guy is making.

He seems to ignore the fact that LC is completely lacking in tactical acumen.

That we only survived last season with a late equaliser away from home on the last day of the season. ANY other club would have sacked the manager then, we didn't because we couldn't afford the compensation.

The Club continues to trade with no thanks to BIHL who are looking to diversify so that they can sell the club and still retain their HK stock exchange listing.

Financially this means that it is imperative that we do NOT get relegated from the Championship, BIHL will NOT keep us in The Championship, that is the managers job, something that Clarke has proved over and over again that he is incapable of.

I strongly believe that the squad we have this season is good enough to play in, and stay in, the Championship, but without a manager that knows what he is doing, or knows how to change what he is doing if that is not working, to achieve results

"... I see the piece as an insult to all Blues fans"

Strong words well put BNC I think that was what I was trying to say I shouldn't have been so polite

Yes, you did miss the point.

KRO

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)