+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G.T.F.

G.T.F.

g.t.f...what does it stand for...goals to follow?...guess we all hope for...

no, it's Gary Taylor Fletcher, I listened to the interview that radio sheffield did with him, after the matches yesterday, and it added expectation to me.

yes, he's getting towards the end of his career, but he still sounds hungry, still sounds as though he still feels he has something to add to a team, and I think he will.

he's always knocked goals in wherever he has been, it'll give added impetus to our other forwards, they'll surely learn little bits from him that can only make them better.

and...Mr Gray knows what he's doing, he wouldn't have brought him in if he didn't think he could add something.

remember, we have to shop in the bargain basement, but there's still some gems in there, let's hope we've snapped a bargain.

ray...in Batley.

re: G.T.F.

Agreed Ray.

He came on for the last half hour ish and tbh I thought at 33 he's gonna be a bit slow but he chased the ball down from the off and showed some really good pace.
    He could have scored near the end but their keeper got to the ball a second before him.
    Don't know what we were playing at yesterday but every time the ball was knocked over there wasn't anyone in the box...Very frustrating to say the least.

Agree with you though mate about GTF...I think he will get goals for us...Just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by braggyowl
    Agreed Ray.

He came on for the last half hour ish and tbh I thought at 33 he's gonna be a bit slow but he chased the ball down from the off and showed some really good pace.
    He could have scored near the end but their keeper got to the ball a second before him.
    Don't know what we were playing at yesterday but every time the ball was knocked over there wasn't anyone in the box...Very frustrating to say the least.

Agree with you though mate about GTF...I think he will get goals for us...Just have to wait and see.
    Oh, so it's not Gorges the Food then?
    Sorry, my mistake :-)

GTF – the pub Cantona. And if we ever get to see his real birth certificate probably just as old. You could have signed Cantona once, but Tricky Trev hadn’t seen him on grass and you had Gordon Watson, but that’s another story.

Held my nose for a Sunday trip onto Owlstalk. You could cut the negativity with a chainsaw, stay away Rov … the boo boys and the slashers have taken over the asylum. They have a point though, the stats are pretty inexcusable. Mandaric, the Head Coach and poor old Stevie May coming in for some stick – a consensus forming that May is the new FJ9, or ***** Jeffers as Hulmet used to call him.

Some cheeky larrup even wanted to take a bet that Antonio would score more for Forest this season that Wednesday would score combined as a team. He might just be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro
    GTF – the pub Cantona. And if we ever get to see his real birth certificate probably just as old. You could have signed Cantona once, but Tricky Trev hadn’t seen him on grass and you had Gordon Watson, but that’s another story.

Held my nose for a Sunday trip onto Owlstalk. You could cut the negativity with a chainsaw, stay away Rov … the boo boys and the slashers have taken over the asylum. They have a point though, the stats are pretty inexcusable. Mandaric, the Head Coach and poor old Stevie May coming in for some stick – a consensus forming that May is the new FJ9, or ***** Jeffers as Hulmet used to call him.

Some cheeky larrup even wanted to take a bet that Antonio would score more for Forest this season that Wednesday would score combined as a team. He might just be right.
    Snatch you really are roger irrelevant.

He'll score don't worry...As will Stevie May...The Bragster has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro

You'll always get negativity from a section of supporters, no matter what the club is achieving. People are frustrated due to us not showing th

just what do people expect...

we got promotion not too long ago
    we consolidated, the consolidation is ongoing, we're not doing bad in the league we are in.

I for one am happy in the league we are in, I rarely bother about the premier league, I perhaps get a little more interested when I see Man Utd getting beat regularly, and when I see Liverpool getting some punishment...they're all so smug when they're 'up there'.

I can't stand to hear the droning on of Liverpool's manager, I love to see the look on Giggs' face when they're getting beat...

now Evertons manager is getting on my nerves, jumping on the bandwagon by making noises that seem to indicate he wouldn't want his youngsters featuring 'too often' for England.

then I hear of the fortunes that Liverpool and Man Utd have spent to get the mediocraty they're getting...

then I hear about the plans for the premier league teams to start playing one game in foreign lands...wtf...

just what are they willing to do to our game????????

Rov and Ray coming out fighting against the negativity.

Wonder if the Owlstalk lot would moan if they’d just won three on the bounce, were comfortably placed in the top six in breathing distance of the top two and doing nicely in the cups?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)