+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: West Ham v Stoke - Official Match Thread

re: West Ham v Stoke - Official Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by USAFORWHUFC
    Thank you oh wise man of the Official Threads...
    I'm glad you understood.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFORWHUFC
    Sakho will play. Just a feeling. When is Carol supposed to grace our presence again?
    Bench v villa. Read my fekin blog lol - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by Taansend
    does anyone else see the irony in The Taans 4-5-1?! I mean we can dress it up as a 4-3-3, but an away game with our manager at the helm, I never thought I'd see the day!!
    Are you saying it's a good thing or a bad one [/quote]

It's got to be the Taansend formation, just hope that midfield domination will allow someone to go up top with Valencia - but I do see the irony !!!

Quote Originally Posted by redhammer88
    Sakho will play. Just a feeling. When is Carol supposed to grace our presence again?
    Bench v villa. Read my fekin blog lol[/quote]

I think we will come away with the same result as Aug 13, what odds would that be

Good read though fella

Cheers. I think we will win

Valencia will have shawcross, it's him am predicting a red for.

Song and noble will keep nzonzi and Adams quiet, did a decent job with silva and toure.
    Collins can easily handle diouf, don't even rate him, everyone talks about his goal v city but hart should have saved it.

This is even without sakho. I hope he plays cold from the start with valencia, about time he has a strike partner and wasn't left alone in a 10 yard raduis, have lee in the bench. We can afford to take risks so let's take them. Bear in mind we are home to villa with sakho and Carroll probably available.

Only niggly thing is gold has tweeted saying we will see a Nolan chicken dance soon, so unless that's a hint he is set to start.

I'm not sure who should start tbh. Kouyate is back and Amalfitano had done really well. If Sakho is injured that leaves us with only one striker in Valencia, if Cole should parner him (which i think would work very well), who drops to the bench?

With these options i don't think Nolan is the right man to start, even if Sakho doesn't heal in time. And if Sakho makes it who does Kouyate replace?

My prediction is t's either gonna be a 3-man holding midfied: Song, Noble and Kouyate, with Downing and Amalfitano supporting Valencia. Or Amalfitano on the bench with Cole partnering Valencia upfront. This means I think Kouyate is certain to start and i think our midfield could crush theirs. It depends which route you want to go, pace upfront or Cole creating speace for others

Gold has stated Zarate will be in travelling squad

Doesn't say he will be fit but perhaps that would he is getting at

Gold tweeted' its gona be 50'50 that sakho will be on the bench saturday

To be honest, with that solid midfield,I wouldn't mind Nolan starting alongside Valencia.

Our only possible weakness has been not defending sufficiently well from the front (the first half v.Burnley) Nolan would be able to pressurise their defenders (and goalkeeper,and referee !) better

Revisiting the Taans Formation (if there's no sakho) would be much better than starting Cole or Nolan. You have to think that Song, Noble & Kouyote can boss the mid enough to allow either Downing or Amalfitano (or both) to join Valencia in the high pressing game we've been seeing of late. Cole & Nolan are both good holding players once we have a lead, but def not to start.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)