+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton Town

Bolton Town

Hi Guys First post from an exiled Boltonian living in Newcastle. It was interesting to read your views on the current state of Bolton Town centre. I have not been back since 2006 when my mother died. I have been thinking about returning for a visit but have been somewhat put off my most of your views & opinions (I also saw the video someone posted...ugh!!) Most of my memories are of the Parish church,Pastie shop, Deansgate and the Town Hall, which are all favourable
    Am I right to now be sceptical?
    ps...first hero John Byrom!

re: Bolton Town

Good taste in pies and old football heroes

Quote Originally Posted by JC White
    Hi Guys First post from an exiled Boltonian living in Newcastle. It was interesting to read your views on the current state of Bolton Town centre. I have not been back since 2006 when my mother died. I have been thinking about returning for a visit but have been somewhat put off my most of your views & opinions (I also saw the video someone posted...ugh!!) Most of my memories are of the Parish church,Pastie shop, Deansgate and the Town Hall, which are all favourable

give it a miss mate crap hole

Quote Originally Posted by JC White
    JC white welcome to the forum.Stick around mate and join a very good set of lads.Sadly as bwfcforever says,its a craphole and its heartbreaking.So just stick to the good things you remember,keep the memories of when Bolton had life and genuine soul.Dont come and see the soulless corpse of Bolton now.

Welcome aboard mate.

As the others say, I wouldn't bother with Bolton Town Centre its a cr@phole. The outskirts are fine but the town itself is a wasteland

Quote Originally Posted by byromsboots
    Good taste in pies and old football heroes

mosses gate , farnworth area looks horrible ...even more so as the ys go by eh

Cheers for that guys. Cr@phole eh? Very succinctly put. Think I might do as you suggest and stay up here and continue to take the p**s out of my Black Cats mates (at least I can do that with a bit more dignity since Lennon arrived)
    Yeah, lots of good memories to fall back on. The bus at lunchtime from Hayward school to the Pastie shop,then sitting in the Parish church grounds trying to chat up the girls & failing miserably as I was about a foot shorter than all my mates. Tried to compensate with humour but I was no early incarnation of Peter Kaye!! Favourite haunts...Man & Scythe, Golden Lion, one a bit further down which I can't remember, Lower Nags Head and finish up in The Trotters for its Juke Box
    Keep up the good work and pleasure to be aboard.

lower nags head ..bleeding hell ...going in there when i was around 16 late 70s early 80s

Try Knocking ten years off that bwfcforever. Late 60's, early 70's and then we're talking smokey and I mean Woodbine smokey!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)