+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: v Reading

v Reading

I've moaned about perfomances. Aside from a poor 20 minute spell in the 1st half, with poor decison making, no competing well enough for lose balls, (leading to letting Readin back into the game), the overall performance was excellent for me.

Quick incisive passing, competing well for lose balls. Marshall's work rate being right up there, but most players not far behind him.

I'm happy with what I saw. The players seem to have found their mojo. Hope they manage to keep it.

re: v Reading

I thought we were OK and they were there for the taking . I just hope Marshall stays fit and that we are yet to improve .
    Have to say I`m not too sure about Duffy , he needs to play more for the team than for himself and his own reputation .

I thought we lacked energy at times in the first half, I notice this at most games but then we stepped it up and chased and harried our opponents so they kept passing backwards.
    Individual performances were obviously the best from Rudi and Marshy, the latter edging it.
    If we could play at a higher tempo for longer then I would think we could have a chance of automatic promotion.
    My mate Happy Harry who moans for England was impressed today so we must be moving in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by needle
    Have to say I`m not too sure about Duffy , he needs to play more for the team than for himself and his own reputation .
    I said to my lad that Diffy was going about his buisness well, but only his business. He agreed, so I see what you're saying there. Hard to judge at this stage. But he seemed to be playing on his own today, but through his own choice, (if that makes sense?).

My only criticism of todays game is, my pie was not up to standard.

Well done Rovers, enough said

Hi Champs !!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)