+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Up for the Cup?

Up for the Cup?

Might we have a chance if we draw Brora Rangers or Spartans? - view external link

re: Up for the Cup?

After last year's Albion debacle and this year's Stjarnan shambles there is not one single side whom we could potentially be drawn against that I'd have any confidence in us beating with McCall in charge.

Normally the draw for this round of the Scottish Cup is something to look forward to in a season but all this is to me is finding out who we are getting pumped off of or are making complete and utter c++ts of ourselves against - or both.

The funny thing is we played with a bit of confidence last night. However if we continue in this form, confidence will suffer and then any team that has some fight and desire could beat us.I now have flashbacks to Meadowbank thistle

Quote Originally Posted by andymillar
    The funny thing is we played with a bit of confidence last night. However if we continue in this form, confidence will suffer and then any team that has some fight and desire could beat us.I now have flashbacks to Meadowbank thistle
    THIS POST IS ABOUT THE CUP!

We had a comfortable 2-0 win at the Meadowbank Stadium in the 4th round in 1985. An enjoyable evening which justified my 160 mile round trip on a Tuesday evening.

You may be thinking of a 4-2 league defeat at the same venue earlier that season, which thankfully I didn't attend.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHHNYG
    THIS POST IS ABOUT THE CUP!

We had a comfortable 2-0 win at the Meadowbank Stadium in the 4th round in 1985. An enjoyable evening which justified my 160 mile round trip on a Tuesday evening.

You may be thinking of a 4-2 league defeat at the same venue earlier that season, which thankfully I didn't attend.[/quote]

Ah the infamous 4-2 defeat where Jim Gardner was going to have a square go with one of our fans on the trackside...humiliating at the time .. funny as fpuck looking back now. Can still see Gardner throwing his gloves to the ground as he marched toward the fans on the trackside.

I actually hope we get Celtic, Aberdeen or United away - maximum revenue with least embarrassment at losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    I actually hope we get Celtic, Aberdeen or United away - maximum revenue with least embarrassment at losing.
    I'm up for it now that McLeish The Sequel has hopped it

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    Almost but not quite. A good draw though - we won't lose money and we can concentrate our efforts on the league from late November.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)