+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlisle are the worst team to come to Fratton Park since...

Carlisle are the worst team to come to Fratton Park since...

...which team? I'm struggling to think of a team which has been that pathetic in recent times.

... Pompey last season??

Leicester 6-1 at home.

Scum - April 2005 - 4–1

Tuesday 22nd Feb 2000 I made the long drive North to see us beaten 3.0 at Bolton. Nat Lofthouse was quoted as saying "We were the worst team he had seen in years". Somehow with the help of 3 signings we stayed up

Quote Originally Posted by Corkhead
    Scum - April 2005 - 4–1

I wonder when our chum will pop in today - or maybe his lack of a card will see him skulk off quietly?

The opposing managers view

Keith Curle gave a brutally honest assessment of his Carlisle side’s performance after seeing them ‘dismantled’ by Pompey.

The former England defender pulled no punches but also refused to hit the panic button over a defeat that leaves Carlisle third from bottom of League Two.

Curle said: ‘I have to be honest about this one and say it was men against boys performance-wise.

‘Portsmouth deserved the result but it’s a game where it gave me another chance to look at our players.

‘I’ve said all along that now is not the time to panic.

‘We’ve come away to a very good team and we have been dismantled.

‘I can deal with that and I’ll have to accept it because there’s nothing I can say now to change what happened.

‘The way we started the game, particularly our decision making in key areas, was disappointing. That will change over time.

‘Portsmouth have got a lot of experienced players and we have young players who will learn by their mistakes.’

Curle als

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    Scum - April 2005 - 4–1

I wonder when our chum will pop in today - or maybe his lack of a card will see him skulk off quietly?[/quote]

Could have burnt himself out. That and the subs he sent on over the weekend were a bit embarrassing. One of them certainly needs a translator.

Quote Originally Posted by Corkhead
    Scum - April 2005 - 4–1

I wonder when our chum will pop in today - or maybe his lack of a card will see him skulk off quietly?[/quote]

Could have burnt himself out. That and the subs he sent on over the weekend were a bit embarrassing. One of them certainly needs a translator.[/quote]

And to stay off the sauce as well.
    Grannie's been told about that before ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grannie64
    For a group of fans that don't care [s]why[/s] what a Scummer says, this thread and the other [s]half a dozen[/s] two that have started re Papa are [s]laudable[/s] laughable? in your non responses. This one alone deserves a coconut [s]fore[/s] for all the wrong reasons. Come on you Shots (you are) far more deserving of [s]your[/s] their division 4 berth.
    I've had a go at it. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)