+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Leicester sold out

re: Leicester sold out

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    Apart from the immediate revenue returns..
    If the extra seats were only being utilised for 1/3 of the games, any return on that level of investment could be a long, long time coming..

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    Apart from the immediate revenue returns..
    If the extra seats were only being utilised for 1/3 of the games, any return on that level of investment could be a long, long time coming..[/quote]

£25m could very easily but a crap player who contributes very little apart from his expensive wages and even more if he is sold for peanuts. Compared to that I'd say something that is going last many years stands up quite well.

Hard fought for win, well done Saints. The subs showed that we have some good squad depth now.

Watching the stream I could see plenty of empty seats (watch on MOTD if you don't believe me) despite it being a 'sell out' so I wonder how many others would have gone but didn't think there was any point in trying? And how much should we rely on stats for decisions on expansion? Like I said before if stats matters then when we were planning to move from The Dell in the mid '90's the stats would not have supported it.
    1996 14.820
    1995 14.685
    1994 14.751
    1993 15.382
    1992 14.070

£25m could very easily but a crap player who contributes very little apart from his expensive wages and even more if he is sold for peanuts. Compared to that I'd say something that is going last many years stands up quite well.
    By your own admission, even when we 'sell out' we don't sell out.

Fact remains there is very little by way of a sound business case for extending SMS at this present time.

Who knows, continued decent performances for the next couple of years and that may change with demand regularly outstripping supply but, for now at least, that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou

Fact remains there is very little by way of a sound business case for extending SMS at this present time.

Who knows, continued decent performances for the next couple of years and that may change with demand regularly outstripping supply but, for now at least, that isn't the case.[/quote]

How many saw the sell out notice so didn't bother? I was one, Shotts was another and I bet there was many more. Forget the gates. I posted those for the mid .90's that should be enough evidence that the gate figures are irrelevant.

How many saw the sell out notice so didn't bother? I was one, Shotts was another and I bet there was many more. Forget the gates. I posted those for the mid .90's that should be enough evidence that the gate figures are irrelevant.
    The fact that we continue to fail to sell out and, according to the club's own staff, are seeing dwindling season ticket sales should be sufficient evidence to counter some largely irrelevant figures from over 20 years ago.

Who knows, continued decent performances for the next couple of years and that may change with demand regularly outstripping supply but, for now at least, that isn't the case.[/quote]

How many saw the sell out notice so didn't bother?[/quote]

Personally I didn't notice any empty seats yesterday, presumably any that were were probably ST holders who couldn't make it for whatever reason. It was great to see St. Marys full again, but that i

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345