+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Youth Games

Youth Games

I think season ticket holders should get to go to youth games for free. We have some of the best youth in the country and if we could add 500+ odd to the gates for youth matches, it would be great experience for the youngsters to play in 500-1k crowds. I'm sure the club would make more money through sales of drinks and pies also.

It would also encourage people to follow our youth for future Nick Powell's, Ashtons and Westwoods and to see how our youth are getting on.

re: Youth Games

Good thought, but it costs money just to open the ground. If it was at Reaseheath then costs would be negligible, but Gresty Road is a different matter.
    U21s are generally on training grounds, so there's no costs there.

You can and i do !

In fairness, i think your referring to the Youth Cup which is held at the main stadiums and i think you do have to pay a nominal couple of pound to get in and your post is very fair comment. Some of the prem clubs let you in to 21 games at their grounds if you show a season ticket.

However, you don't pay to watch the 16's and 18's at Reaseheath on a saturday morning (it's 11am alternate saturdays normally) and on a sunday 11am at Reaseheath our 9's to 14's play, albeit it's normally say the odd's at home and even ages away against the same club.

Then on a monday the 21's often play, but i struggle a little due to looking after my grandson.

Appreciate it's easier if your retired, but you get to see and track those coming through and in many ways benchmark our kids against others in the North and mids. Maybe you also become a little more patient with them having witnessed their quality over time, rather than expecting them to deliver like 25 year olds as soon as th

I believe the Youth team are leading 1-0 at HT. Liam O'Neill scoring the goal just before HT.

1-1 after 69 mins

1-1 extra time now

2-2 after extra-time. Penalties

3-0 victory after pens. Next up Abbey Hey or York at home on Nov 22.

Well done lads.

Do not know any details, but I hope somebody who was there can give a report on the match.

[quote="sacrewebleu"]You can and i do !

In fairness, i think your referring to the Youth Cup which is held at the main stadiums and i think you do have to pay a nominal couple of pound to get in and your post is very fair comment. Some of the prem clubs let you in to 21 games at their grounds if you show a season ticket.

However, you don't pay to watch the 16's and 18's at Reaseheath on a saturday morning (it's 11am alternate saturdays normally) and on a sunday 11am at Reaseheath our 9's to 14's play, albeit it's normally say the odd's at home and even ages away against the same club.

Then on a monday the 21's often play, but i struggle a little due to looking after my grandson.

Appreciate it's easier if your retired, but you get to see and track those coming through and in many ways benchmark our kids against others in the North and mids. Maybe you also become a little more patient with them having witnessed their quality over time, rather than expectin

[quote="MikeSB"]You can and i do !

Appreciate it's easier if your retired, but you get to see and track those coming through and in many ways benchmark our kids against others in the North and mids. Maybe you also become a little more patient with them having witnessed t

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast