+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new pitch

re: The new pitch

i noticed in the week before the game that there were waterproof sheets over the area in front of the south stand.
    at the last league game there was a muddy patch along in front of the technical areas, as it had been in the past when the water used to leak down from the front of the stand. can't be still doing that, could it?

All we've ever wanted was a level playing field.

Could the sea be underneath as well as all around it? I've often wondered why the sea doesn't drain away into the sand anyway. And get boiled up in the centre of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Corkhead
    I've deleted this as it goes without saying
    When we lived at Northern Parade, if you dug deep enough, you would hit a very fine shingle and salt water.

After the council houses were built at Tipnor, when floorboards were taken up, they found sea underneath - it had simply re-opened old channels. Residents could fish for their dinners in their ******** - 'fresh to the plate'.

It seems my revolutionary theory has set me up for a Nobel Prize. In that case the whole of the city could be balanced on the back of a giant whale rendering it susceptible to subsidence. Shouldn't the authorities be notified.

I am liking the reborn, incredibly sensitive and sensible new Lassie btw. Goes away and comes back reborn. Bit like Gandalf the Grey turning into Gandalf the White.

I am liking the reborn, incredibly sensitive and sensible new Lassie btw. Goes away and comes back reborn. Bit like Gandalf the Grey turning into Gandalf the White.
    Piss off, Cork-fer-balls!

That's better.

That's better.
    Have you never wondered how you got so many 'Likes'?

Quote Originally Posted by pfclassof61
    I've deleted this as it goes without saying
    When we lived at Northern Parade, if you dug deep enough, you would hit a very fine shingle and salt water.

After the council houses were built at Tipnor, when floorboards were taken up, they found sea underneath - it had simply re-opened old channels. Residents could fish for their dinners in their ******** - 'fresh to the plate'.[/quote] Harry Ramsden could have made a packet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)