+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO CA Miller...

FAO CA Miller...

Fella I'm thinking of visiting Vegas in April but the flight prices are crazy at the mo...any suggestions?

I'm already using price checker on a daily basis but not much luck...

re: FAO CA Miller...

Can't really help I'm afraid and as you say flight prices seem to be crazy at the moment. We have a 4 day break booked in Phoenix next week (using up resort points before they expire at the end of the year) and we're probably going to be no shows due to flight prices unless we drive there the 1,400 miles. That's going through Vegas but I suppose fly/drive is not in your plans.

I was looking to maybe grab a week in England before Christmas and flights are currently around $1,500

PS You saw on the other thread you can get some cracking all in breaks in Ibiza for 60 quid. Food looked a bit like Mrs CA's cooking

Anywhere decent in the US at the moment? Thinking of a trip next year with the lad but the cost v travel time is a bit of a limiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin
    Fella I'm thinking of visiting Vegas in April but the flight prices are crazy at the mo...any suggestions?

Brin have you looked at some of the better deals that you might be able to get by flying to New York and then taking a cheap internal flight to las Vegas from there? You can do the NY-Vegas-NY trip for under $300 I think if you look around.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller

Brin have you looked at some of the better deals that you might be able to get by flying to New York and then taking a cheap internal flight to las Vegas from there? You can do the NY-Vegas-NY trip for under $300 I think if you look around.[/quote]

Never thought of that...I'll have a look but I think the stumbling block there is the party I'm going with want a direct flight... Thanks anyway

Norwegian Air fly to LAX from Gatwick in April for £450 return on 12th April. I know its not direct but a good price. You could then fly on to Vegas for about £80 return.

That's a good call Chorleymiller. I'd heard about the Norwegian Air flights and it was those I was thinking of when I mentioned doing London to NYC on a cheap ticket. I didn'y know they were doing LAX as well.

Rather than flying, it's an easy 270 mile drive to Los Vegas. Loads of people do it so renting a car for a one way journey won't be expensive. Probably a better deal than flying if there are a few of you.

Right, I'm off to look into the Norwegian flights for myself...

I read recently about some bargain companies starting one way flights from London to NY in early 2015 for 99 quid (about 125 with taxes etc) but can't remember who it was.

I think that might have been Norwegian, CAM. I remember reading about it too and with those same figures. When you looked more closely the numbers were more typically higher than this and about right relative to what Chorley quoted to LAX - but still a good deal in today's market.

I paid about $1300 for my San Diego - Heathrow - San Diego trip next week. That's BA non-stop; I could have done it for perhaps $150 less with a stop or two on a stretched Tiger Moth...

Quote Originally Posted by chorleymiller
    Norwegian Air fly to LAX from Gatwick in April for £450 return on 12th April. I know its not direct but a good price. You could then fly on to Vegas for about £80 return.
    Chorley thanks I will look into this ... Like you say it's only another short flight to Vegas from LAX