+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broadfoot next to leave?

re: Broadfoot next to leave?

I heard the interview earlier and immediately thought "Yes. There is God after all".

He wants to go. Let him go.

That way we may get to see Richard Wood play, who may not have much pace but is far more solid than Clubfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by fivetide
    I think he is Evans worst signing.

Slow, cumbersome, clumsy and Scottish.
    I love how racism is ok just because he's white.

What the hell has his nationality got to do with anything?

I'm amazed he's not spent more time crocked than playing, that's what has happened to him before. I think he speed is a result of that. He's a 'defensive unit' for me.[/quote]

Awww c'mon...it's not an offence to give the Jocks a bit of stick is it? ( I know they never have a bad word to say about us)...why not take my reason for living away?

AxholmeMiller always says at the games that he looks like he has wooden legs... but with real feet. His hinges were going rusty on Saturday.

He is a weak link but has proved he can be slightly below average at center back, and left and right full back. So I think that makes him a utility player.

When I've seen him at CB (few mistakes, but seen others do worse) he can do a good job.

Let's not forget most of you have only seen him play FB to which he hasn't been bad either.

But I keep saying this "pace is needed at the back" so if Evans (why he doesn't see this Is confusing ) was to get a player in with pace at the back then I'll be happy for Broadfoot and/or Morgan to leave tbh.

I think Broadfoot gets a rough deal.

Yes, he's limited, but he's had one full game in his real position and, while he looked a bit dodgy, we did at least keep a clean sheet. Any player really needs a run of games to show their true abilities and that's particularly true in central defence, where you play as an individual and as a unit at the same time. Bearing in mind we'd shipped 6 in 2 and were without the main defender so far this season, he did ok.

And yes, he's not a great full back, but he was solid enough at right back, if poor going forward. At left back he was not great at all, but then, out of position and on his wrong foot, that's not a huge surprise.

I'm not saying he should be first choice anywhere on the pitch, but a bloke who wants to play, and is willing to give any position his best shot, ought to attract less derision than he does. So there

I remember during the long running Stevie May saga, if ever you went on the St Johnstone 'we are perth' forum, Broadfoot was always used as a reason May shouldn't come here.

The reasoning being, that anybody willing to sign him can't be much cop.

So not good enough for Scotland either, according to them.

It really is simple though, anybody not wanting or willing to stay here and fight for their place in the team Let 'em go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller
    I remember during the long running Stevie May saga, if ever you went on the St Johnstone 'we are perth' forum, Broadfoot was always used as a reason May shouldn't come here.

The reasoning being, that anybody willing to sign him can't be much cop.

So not good enough for Scotland either, according to them.

It really is simple though, anybody not wanting or willing to stay here and fight for their place in the team Let 'em go elsewhere.
    Agree with that , if they don't want to be here and fighting for a place then yes send them on their way.

Give 100% + or bye bye

He was a good signing - filled in well at right back when we had no alternative and came in and helped keep a clean sheet on Saturday - good squad player and hope he stays but can see his point - he wants to play regularly - good luck to him whatever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop
    When I've seen him at CB (few mistakes, but seen others do worse) he can do a good job.

Let's not forget most of you have only seen him play FB to which he hasn't been bad either.

But I keep saying this "pace is needed at the back" so if Evans (why he doesn't see this Is confusing ) was to get a player in with pace at the back then I'll be happy for Broadfoot and/or Morgan to leave tbh.
    Tavs back on Loan?

Taxi for broadfoot to bury

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12