+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: They played for both teams

re: They played for both teams

Yes TomPotts,remember him comin into class,open the windows at 45 degrees and let out the vile stench of unwashed boy.

A few more according to my records.

Dave Boyle 1952/53

Maurice Dando 1937

Bert Ralphs 1927/28

Danny Smith 194951

John Sutherland 1958/59

Ernie Wright 1935/36

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    I think this might be a very short list as not many players have played for both clubs as far as I know, but one from the past is Walter Whitehurst who only played a few games for the Alex in 60-61. Also had one game for Man U in about 1956 before going to Chesterfield. I must have seen him play but I can’t say I remember anything about him.
    But I do remember Colin Prophett from my days at Crewe Grammar (61-68); he was a couple of years older than us.
    Thanks for that one, Weymouth. He was not on my list. There are more players who played for both clubs than you could imagine. Here are two more.

KEITH STOTT, who played admirably for us during that 1967-68 promotion season. He was a wing half. Then there was the man who scored a total of 8 hat-tricks for the Alex (a club record), none other than the great FRANK LORD. How we could do with a player of his capabilities right n

A couple of more recent ones. Our present Chris Atkinson and the past loanee Jamie Lowry.

Now here is one who gained promotion with us as a manager in 1963 and also played in an Alex shirt between 1950-1956. JIMMY McGUIGAN.

Time to reignite this thread. LEYTON ORIENT on Saturday. I will start us off. Great player for us. Stanley Bowles played for Leyton Orient and was at the Alex from 1970-1971. He did play for his country also.

They played for both teams

Andy Sus***, influential player in the 1988-89 season, and for a couple of seasons.

Not one of our all time greats, but a decent player who did good things while he was here.

I think we bought him for 15k and sold him to Southend for 100K !

Dean Greygoose - at the Alex from 1987-1993.

Adam Legzdins is their present keeper.

Great bloke Dean, I played for the Malbank in the late 80's early 90's and Dean was the manager.

He broke his leg at Wrexham after a bad challenge by Steve Watkin,never recovered from that.

Along with Kearton, Crudgington, Philips and Ince in the best 5 keepers I have seen for the Alex !

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast