+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I'm proud of my club today!

I'm proud of my club today!

Martin Luther King made a famous speech about "I have a dream today"

Well, in the light of the PL selling its soul to the Devil more than it did before, I have a dream that all football clubs would have the same ethos that our club has. Run for the sake of bringing young kids into the game to improve their lot and provide enjoyment to the the fans and at a price that just looks to break even so the dream can carry it forward to another generation of fans. I have a dream today, that Dario forever stays in our memory of these great ideals that he alone along with a Board of Directors that had and still have that same vision. If ever a person deserves a knighthood for services to his profession, it is this man.

In a world of greed and millionaire sportsmen there is shortage of simple men like these that seem like a dying breed and we are to be left with a few rich clubs and the rest left to wither and die on the winds of change and not for the better.

I'm proud of my club today beca

re: I'm proud of my club today!

Very poetic Mike.
    It is a dream I think we all share and why we support this club

Wow!
    Where did all that come from, Mike?
    Well said though - heartfelt and very true!

Actually, I'm proud of my club today too - especially Alison Bowler!!
    Yes, she may have her knockers, (woops! - can I say that?), but after a phone call from a close friend, she arranged for a fully signed birthday card from all of the 1st team squad and management!

Make no mistake, I'm well beyond the young impressionable youngster stage but what a nice touch!

Forgive my scepticism Mike, I was reading through your post looking for the anti-Academy pay-off. I have now paid penance for such poor and unfair thoughts!

Supporting the Alex has always been about much more than 90 minutes footie. It's the pre-match chats; the total immersion in watching football the way it should be played (including some horrendous and often comical mistakes); the camaraderie; the fact that all the Directors and management are approachable. And, yes, it's the occasional 'surprise package' like Alison doing what she did there.

I'm with you. I'm proud of my club and everything that goes with it ... but it's good to have a harmless gripe now and again. It's family.

One more thing that makes Crewe special...the intelligence of the fans. If you hear someone making sense on Radio Stoke chances are it's a Crewe fan. Talk to any supporter and you can have a sensible conversation. I've got some Man U acqaintances and boy do they spout rubbish!