+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They played for both teams

They played for both teams

A new feature which might test the knowledge and memory of some supporters. Starting with this Saturday's visitors to Gresty Road, Chesterfield, can anyone a player who has featured for both clubs? Of course, there is Gary Roberts (who will be wearing the Spireites' colours this weekend).

Here is a blast from the past... IVAN HOLLETT. Chesterfield from 1964-68, Crewe from 1968-70.

re: They played for both teams

Another blast from the past,ColinProphet,managed to score quite a few own goals whilst with us.A Crewe lad who went to Crewe Grammar in Ruskin RD anyone as old as me will remember the tuck shop opposite the school,happy days. Iwas there from 1960 to 1965.Sorry Colin think your surname ended on double t.

Remembet the Tuck shop, bought many a pint in there lol
    2 others from that era, both of whom turned down the chance of pro football as it was still the maximum wage and could do better in 'civie' street
    Brian Hassell and Malc Gallimore

Here's another one from the fantastic sixties...John Archer. 1966-68. Local lad from Biddulph.

Iremember a pint of dandelion and burdock and quarter of fruit salad sweets.Get them in the morning before school then in again after lunch 2nd sitting .lol.

I think this might be a very short list as not many players have played for both clubs as far as I know, but one from the past is Walter Whitehurst who only played a few games for the Alex in 60-61. Also had one game for Man U in about 1956 before going to Chesterfield. I must have seen him play but I can’t say I remember anything about him.
    But I do remember Colin Prophett from my days at Crewe Grammar (61-68); he was a couple of years older than us.

Quote Originally Posted by crewenil
    Iremember a pint of dandelion and burdock and quarter of fruit salad sweets.Get them in the morning before school then in again after lunch 2nd sitting .lol.
    Bunch of Grammar School lads on here obviously. Intelligent lot.

Recently there was a Dan Gardener,2010 couple of reserve games ,now at chesterfield,think hes about 24.I think this list could be shorter than Warwick Davies,he didnt play for either of us by the way,but in Darios era of short midfielders he would have got a game. Warwick that is.

A that springs to mind is Darren Carr. Crewe from 1990-1993 and Chesterfield from 1993-1998. I was only young when he played for crewe but back then seemed like he played for crewe for a lot longer than 3 years.

Here's another, Rob Edwards.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast