+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Beer or Water

re: O/T Beer or Water

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla

not been anywhere in the usa cam, so im green..but i was always led to believe most things were cheaper, and not as heavily taxed, as here...9 dollars a pint?
    "Stadium" pricing Milla (and that's for a 16oz pint whilst yours are 20oz - or at least they used to be).

Pubs/micro breweries are more realistically priced. One opened in our town last Saturday night and me and Mrs CA paid an average of $5.50/pint (3.50 in your money) to sample all their 8 brews. Free live music as well but not sure 1980s US glam rock is my bag?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller
    When you cough up your hard earned at football grounds, are you getting what you paid for? Here's what they found when they tested the offerings at a recent NFL game here in Seattle. Looks like about a 10% across the board watering down for a $9 pint

Stella Artois:
    5.0% advertised ABV
    4.8% tested

Bud Light:
    4.2% advertised
    3.9% tested

Redhook Brewery No Equal:
    5.2% advertised
    4.8% tested

Shocktop:
    5.2% advertised
    4.7% tested

Bass Pale Ale:
    5.1% advertised
    4.5% tested

Budweiser:
    5.0% advertised
    4.4% tested
    CAM always found the beer/lager tastes wattered down when in the states...can't understand how you the young un's there stagger around like they've been drinking moonshine when you see em with a can o' buds in their hands...

Having said that...the John Smiths at the NYS is the worst I've ever tasted...

Quote Originally Posted by villamiller
    I wonder how many are not interested in the % proof but more the taste ?

I drink bud but a lot of people complain its too sweet :

during the summer I drank a lot of Radlers lemon and the ginger ones .. they are very refreshing but only 2% proof

then of course some prefer "real ale" yuck
    you drink a lot [/quote]

And you don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin

CAM always found the beer/lager tastes wattered down when in the states...can't understand how you the young un's there stagger around like they've been drinking moonshine when you see em with a can o' buds in their hands...

I don't know Brin, I think those Watney's Party 7 or Mansfield's Party 4 that introduced me to the evil brew had the same impact all those years back and I don't think they were particularly strong.

I think here is generally OK once you get off the big brewery offerings (Bud, Millers, Coors etc) but I must admit at the local British Pub in Redmond (The Three Lions) I once had a very weak pint of Boddingtons compared to the Fullers they serve.

I don't know Brin, I think those Watney's Party 7 or Mansfield's Party 4 that introduced me to the evil brew had the same impact all those years back and I don't think they were particularly strong.

I think here is generally OK once you get off the big brewery offerings (Bud, Millers, Coors etc) but I must admit at the local British Pub in Redmond (The Three Lions) I once had a very weak pint of Boddingtons compared to the Fullers they serve.[/quote]

...Watney's Party 7 or Mansfield's Party 4...ferkin hell Cam you'll be mentioning Cherry B's...Barley Wines and Do

Mackeson...

I think here is generally OK once you get off the big brewery offerings (Bud, Millers, Coors etc) but I must admit at the local British Pub in Redmond (The Three Lions) I once had a very weak pint of Boddingtons compared to the Fullers they serve.[/quote]

...Watney's Party 7 or Mansfield's Party 4...ferkin hell Cam you'll be m

Mackeson...
    Spooky!

...Watney's Party 7 or Man

Quote Originally Posted by villamiller
    I wonder how many are not interested in the % proof but more the taste ?

I drink bud but a lot of people complain its too sweet :

during the summer I drank a lot of Radlers lemon and the ginger ones .. they are very refreshing but only 2% proof

then of course some prefer "real ale" yuck
    you drink a lot [/quote]

yerp

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast