+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Beer or Water

re: O/T Beer or Water

Quote Originally Posted by Brin
    I wonder how many are not interested in the % proof but more the taste ?

I drink bud but a lot of people complain its too sweet :

during the summer I drank a lot of Radlers lemon and the ginger ones .. they are very refreshing but only 2% proof

then of course some prefer "real ale" yuck
    you drink a lot [/quote]

And you don't? [/quote]

ONLY ON STURDAYS

Quote Originally Posted by Brin

CAM always found the beer/lager tastes wattered down when in the states...can't understand how you the young un's there stagger around like they've been drinking moonshine when you see em with a can o' buds in their hands...

Having said that...the John Smiths at the NYS is the worst I've ever tasted...
    I don't know Brin, I think those Watney's Party 7 or Mansfield's Party 4 that introduced me to the evil brew had the same impact all those years back and I don't think they were particularly strong.

I think here is generally OK once you get off the big brewery offerings (Bud, Millers, Coors etc) but I must admit at the local British Pub in Redmond (The Three Lions) I once had a very weak pint of Boddingtons compared to the Fullers they serve.[/quote]

...Watney's Party 7 or Mansfield's Party 4...ferkin hell Cam you'll be m

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller
    Mackeson...
    Spooky![/quote]

true tale here ... as a kid I was skinny (those were the days had a wash board for ribs) anyway Dr McLaughlin, rawmarsh hill told my mother she had to give me stout "guiness or mackeson" to build me up I thought I was 21 walking up and down the garden swigging my bottle of macky I was about 9 at the time

great Dr though, always stunk of whisky, at xmas there was a queue of old ladies taking him half bottles of scotch, he would just turn up at the door on a sunday my mother would say but Dr we aint sent for you ? he replied "I KNOW BUT YOUR A PATIENT OF MINE AND I WAS PASSING SO IVE CALLED " haha true story

another true tale, when we lived on west ave rawmarsh my auntie lived down the street, she did all our tailoring ... can you remember tartan in your jean bottoms etc

anyway flower power was out, cheese cloth shirts etc .. and my sister wanted a flower power 2 piece suit so she went to my aunties anyway auntie toiled and toiled and made the flower power trousers and jacket ... my sister thought she was the bees knees ... later that week she had to go to the doctors ! off she went to rawmarsh hill ,, in them days you took your turn and slowly shuffled your bum up the seats until it was your turn to go in

anyway my sister thought it was funny but everyone in the surgery kept staring at her :/ anyway on she shuffled up the hallway etc ... right at the end about an hour later she twigged what everyone was staring at !!!

her flower power suit was exactly the same material as the curtains in the doctors

Quote Originally Posted by gramiller1959
    another true tale, when we lived on west ave rawmarsh my auntie lived down the street, she did all our tailoring ... can you remember tartan in your jean bottoms etc

anyway flower power was out, cheese cloth shirts etc .. and my sister wanted a flower power 2 piece suit so she went to my aunties anyway auntie toiled and toiled and made the flower power trousers and jacket ... my sister thought she was the bees knees ... later that week she had to go to the doctors ! off she went to rawmarsh hill ,, in them days you took your turn and slowly shuffled your bum up the seats until it was your turn to go in

anyway my sister thought it was funny but everyone in the surgery kept staring at her :/ anyway on she shuffled up the hallway etc ... right at the end about an hour later she twigged what everyone was staring at !!!

her flower power suit was exactly the same material as the curtains in the doctors
    As you

[quote="CAMiller"]another true tale, when we lived on west ave rawmarsh my auntie lived down the street, she did all our tailoring ... can you remember tartan in your jean bottoms etc

her flower power suit was exactly the same material as the cu

SYDS Pop (no not the driver's as everyone thought but short for South Yorkshire Direct Supplies)...before Alpine and Hague's came along.

My uncle had a downer on them for some reason he used to call them the South Yorkshird Death Squad.

Also I had an elderly great aunt who at Christmas always came out with "got any advocaat, I'll have a snowball" as a youngster I couldn't understand:-

1. Why she drank custard and
    2. Why she wanted a snowball fight when it hadn't been snowing

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    My uncle had a downer on them for some reason he used to call them the South Yorkshird Death Squad.

Also I had an elderly great aunt who at Christmas always came out with "got any advocaat, I'll have a snowball" as a youngster I couldn't understand:-

1. Why she drank custard and
    2. Why she wanted a snowball fight when it hadn't been snowing
    That's funny JR. I think everyone of that era had an Aunt/Great Aunt who drank snowballs - or we all had the same Aunt

She did get about a bit.

Mind you being called Fanny didn't help the cause.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast