+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: great memorys

great memorys

i know there are some mega blues players here but i did like Kevin Dillion

follow link - view external link

re: great memorys

Great Memories

when you look at those 30 players in just the 80s what a team you could pick .better days

I agree about most of these players but it's pretty insulting to Malcolm Page to put overweight no effort past it signings like Todd & worthlessington on the same "Blues Greats" page as him.

Gemmill & Langan OK but the sale of Francis & the release of Page and the purchase of over paid past it never weres to "replace" them was where the club went badly wrong IMO.

Francis or worthlessington (or Givens)? Go figure

Malcolm Page schoolboy to full international and all for us and never wanting to ay for anyone else or someone Clough had replaced in defence with our centre forward? Go Figure.

Players who wanted to play for Blues or clanging duds. Go figure.

excretaheadjimsmith - only lee clark could make you appreciate him

I must have watched a more talented frank
    Worthington than the one you saw,one of the only
    players worth the admission on its own!!
    Remember Page was married into the Coombs family along with pendry and their inclusion at the expense of Calderwood & Bryant in FA cup semi final probably cost us a trip to
    FA cup final
    my opinion of course
    KRO

of course there was that french player as well viper his escapes me but he did win a world cup winners medal and played for blues, his style and fabulous Franks were not that diffrerent,

ARE, Duggary or simalar

Well I guess with Worthington you either liked or dis-liked the problem at Blues over the years we often signed very good players who had gone past their 'peak'and we only on occasions saw that bit of brilliance that they could turn on.

We have had over the years many good players who were not always everyones favourite but always put in a good honest shift,and really going back many many years I can recall Brian Orritt,Ray Ferris,Dick Neal,Winston Foster,Mike Helliwell to a few who over the generations become the type of player that are the cornerstone for a clubs progress season after season and over the next couple of seasons as Blues emerge from the dark shadows that are currently with us and if the present Manager can be successful in his planning we can again have a solid player framework plus a couple of extra special players to give the club a bit of success.

So right Mr Bolt,just like French cars he was something different allright,well worth the admission money.

Quote Originally Posted by BrisBlue
    Well I guess with Worthington you either liked or dis-liked the problem at Blues over the years we often signed very good players who had gone past their 'peak'and we only on occasions saw that bit of brilliance that they could turn on.

We have had over the years many good players who were not always everyones favourite but always put in a good honest shift,and really going back many many years I can recall Brian Orritt,Ray Ferris,Dick Neal,Winston Foster,Mike Helliwell to a few who over the generations become the type of player that are the cornerstone for a clubs progress season after season and over the next couple of seasons as Blues emerge from the dark shadows that are currently with us and if the present Manager can be successful in his planning we can again have a solid player framework plus a couple of extra special players to give the club a bit of success.
    Orritt and Neal were just before my time, but I can rememb

Another player worth the admission money but
    even was played out of position up front as
    leader of the line but came into his own once
    he started playing off "the Horse"
    KRO

I thought Terry Hennessey was class
    Hughes should have been a great premier
    league player when we went up but didn't quite make it ,which I found puzzling
    KRO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)