+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pinochet

Pinochet

An absolute sh*thead.

What kind of people would give him a Papal Knighthood I wonder? :/

re: Pinochet

Quote Originally Posted by mitherzundhand
    An absolute sh*thead.

What kind of people would give him a Papal Knighthood I wonder? :/
    only those who have the authority to do so I would imagine

Seem to recall he was a big pal of Thatcher's. :/

I mean, really, is that the best you can do?

When he was arrested in Britain for crimes against humanity it was his great pal Thatcher that pulled the strings to get him off.

She was not only a great friend of him she adopted the form of economics only tried by Pinochet the discredited monetarism.

The only reason it wasn't a complete disaster in the UK (though it created misery for millions) was Thatcher had access to vast oil revenues which were squandered on tax cuts for her friends, vast outlays on paying benefits and creating an economic boom in a small part of the country.

The person who introduced monetarism to Thatcher was her great political ally Keith Joseph who has now been revealed to part of the westminister abuse ring.

We were set on an economic path devised and managed by psychopaths with little interest in the well being of its citizens which put profit and greed at the centre of the new morality. Shame on all who subscribed to this evil

My last boss left her job and is now the President of Chile. Her father was an officer in the Air Force and she told us how Pinochet's men came and took her and her mother and father away for torture.

Pinnochet's a reprehensible human being. He aint the first to get lauded by the Vatican. I was told there was some guy who ordered the gassing of thousands in WWI that got some Papal something or other as well. But of course, King Billy in 1690 also got a letter of praise from the Vatican after his victory at the Boyne.

"What did the Romans ever do for us?"

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)