+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All we are saying is give us a goal!

All we are saying is give us a goal!

So...any news of any striker(s) coming in? we need one or two desperately quick, we don`t seem capable of getting anywhere near scoring a goal recently!

re: All we are saying is give us a goal!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    So...any news of any striker(s) coming in? we need one or two desperately quick, we don`t seem capable of getting anywhere near scoring a goal recently!
    Well Paul, Haber does not look likely to travel to London tomorrow, as he still has not returned from international duty, according to the Sentinel. That will be three matches missed for the centre forward this time around.

Brandy and Haynes (he is still with us then?) are available.

We have failed to score on nine occasions this season and have now failed to hit the back of the net in over five and a half hours of football.

Davis has until next Thursday to add to his squad, when the transfer deadline comes into operation.

Can't believe that I'm writing this but what about asking if Higdon is available for loan? Not had a look in since he got sent off and they're trying to loan in other strikers ahead of him.

I think he would do a job for us, but his treatment by certain elements of our crowd means that the player himself, I'm sure, would not want to come back to Gresty Road.

maybe were looking in the wrong places

west brom / wolves / birmingham / bolton / derby / forest / villa / leicester/burnley / blackburn

must all have mature players not playing

a few players have moved EAGLES / OHARA / BECKFORD

too dear for our pay scale - but might be others

i watch bt conference - theres plenty of good pros in there - ever ex crewe players

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan
    I think he would do a job for us, but his treatment by certain elements of our crowd means that the player himself, I'm sure, would not want to come back to Gresty Road.
    There were others on here on a previous thread, who really believed that Higdon did not get abused by sections of the Alex crowd, although I would agree that he suffered greatly towards the end of his career at Crewe. I reckon that he has done extremely well since leaving us, although I am unsure that our style would suit him right now. It certainly does not suit Haber. He looks like a duck out of water, when he is in town, that is!