+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RUFC Hall Of Fame

re: RUFC Hall Of Fame

First post by CAM is a good call - first three pick themselves...
    Possible alternatives to Revell? Difficult to choose -
    Collin, Goater, Williamson, Hurst,Guest,Grainger, Ardron, Casper, Towner, Breckin, Stancliffe, Grealish, and for historical reasons Wharton

Who played more games for Rotherham; Towner or Watson?

I really think a museum would be a good idea. They've just had the tunnel all done out with photos, and maybe a similar style in a corner unit would be nice.

I suppose there will be some RUST senior's on here; what do you think to a museum that incorporates a hall of fame? Would tie into our much lauded community work too, surely?

wheres the Wharton one going, hope not near reception area.

What about plaques outside each Stand of players (like a silloette)

I don't think the club would ant too many statues, Wharton at Middle of North stand (outside obviously) Guest at N/E corner, Willams at N/W corner.

I don't think statues are the way forward either. Just a plaque and a write up. Still think a museum is a great way to go

I've got an old shoe box that I would be happy to donate as our trophy cabinet.

From my era, would be; Gwyther, Ronnie, Sir Alan, Revs

Really dont get why people keep saying Revell.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop
    Really dont get why people keep saying Revell.
    One moment in time that will probably stay with any RUFC fan who saw it for as long as they live.

I'm sure there are probably bands in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame who toiled on the road...etc for many.many years but everyone remembers them for a single song/one hit wonder.

The existing plaque wall on the side of NYS, why not utilise this by producing a bronze plaque for each individual "qualifying" for our Hall of Fame? Be nice to see them mixed with the "average" fan plaques.

or why not have a walk of fame area at NYS, similar to the US idea for film stars etc, instead of handprints have footy boot tracks with the players underneath, on same line if the "hero" is not a player then a shoe footprint and their. Quick set concrete is a cheaper option than organising elaborate statues or similar monuments.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123