+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans latest

re: Ched Evans latest

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller
    jolly there are different types of crime with different punishment and consequences. Personally I think footballers convicted of *** or violent crimes shouldnt be allowed back into the game ever, to make an example to show society wont tolerate it, that is a personal view
    Haven't we got a player in this season that has been convicted of a violent attack?. Can't remember you saying anything when he arrived at the club?. Apologies if you did of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    Good old John2 as naive as ever.

Go baa with the other sheep.
    LOL, cute that your best response to being shown up for all to see for posting contradictory nonsense is to call me naive. Seriously, not sure what goes though your mind - it seems neither are you.

rawmarsh
    if we do have a player that meets my criteria then my position doesnt change
    however i don't run rotherham united so i can't top them doing what they do

Quote Originally Posted by John2
    Good old John2 as naive as ever.

Go baa with the other sheep.
    LOL, cute that your best response to being shown up for all to see for posting contradictory nonsense is to call me naive. Seriously, not sure what goes though your mind - it seems neither are you.[/quote]

Totally agree J2, how anyone who can construe SUFCs action as brave and then call other people naive is beyond belief. The only reason they tried to reinstate him was to get back whatever financial investments they have made. I reckon this site is the only place where "jolly" gets a bit of attention, no one would give him the time in the real world.

Mob mentality wins
    No, its called public opinion

Who is Ched Evans ?

Sheffield United Board say they were surprised by the backlash. Well that just shows how out of touch they are. Perhaps they should approach Dave Whelan for advice on how to handle the media!

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller
    rawmarsh
    if we do have a player that meets my criteria then my position doesnt change
    however i don't run rotherham united so i can't top them doing what they do
    Does an assault that warranted " was given 24 weeks’ jail, suspended for 18 months, and must pay £7,000 compensation and £750 court costs" come under your criteria?.

Is Rhyl such a dull and uneventful place that when a team-mate texts to say he has a drunken ****age girl in his hotel room, a highly paid professional footballer, with a girlfriend of over two years standing whose father is a millionaire, decides to pop his coat on and highspeed it round to the hotel?

And to do what exactly?

All in all, the tourist board of Rhyl has a great deal to answer for.

And the professional footballer? He is obviously innocent. In his own eyes if nobody else's. But when he is no longer a footballer and is back, prematurely, in the everyday world of reality, what will he think then in terms of his moral compass?

Bitter thoughts, I should imagine. If he thinks at all.

Yeah maybe, but anybody being punished twice because it makes good media stories is disturbing.
    I'm not really sure it's anything to do with the media stories.

A business has been told by it's customers and partners that they'd prefer it didn't employ convicted rapists. Several of them have said they'll stop doing business with them if they do employ a convicted rapist.

Simple as that really.

It's sad that Sheffield United don't see employing convicted rapists as a bad thing and that they've needed pressure applying by customers.

I know everyone talks about rehabilitation etc but you don't have an automatic right having committed any crime (never mind one this serious) to walk straight back into your life at the end of your sentence.

I can't think of a single business who'd re-employ a known convicted rapist straight out of prison.

Of course, people should be rehabilitated and be given a second chance but a second ch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast