+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ched Evans latest

re: Ched Evans latest

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    Yeah maybe, but anybody being punished twice because it makes good media stories is disturbing.
    How disturbed would you feel if RUFC employed one of the 5 Muslim rapists locked up recently when they complete their sentence? Or if they got a job driving a taxi.[/quote]

To answer a question with a question, which is the safest option against re offending Evans in the public eye playing football or Evans on the dole off the front pages and free to roam where he likes?[/quote]

I'll answer your question with yet another question. Are you ducking out of answering the original question?

A sad thing is that some on here WOULD have a different opinion had he been their player. I come to that conclusion because the only site I can find where alot of the posters are in favour of the player training with them is the Sheffield United one. Coincidence? No chance.
    Heard a fone in the other day on Radio Sheff (Friday I think) and a Wendys fan on there (from Rotherham I'm reliably informed) had a right old angry rant about it. Heard him before, a self-important nob head.
    In my opinion.
    PS Will be interesting to see what Paul Heaton's welcome is like when he next goes to a game.

Lots on here would.

They changed their tune on Steve Evans within seconds. Of course, that's a completely different league to a convicted rapist but almost everyone on here was full of principles until about 2 days after Evans became the manager and then it was all about giving people a second chance etc etc.

I doubt the same proportion would back a rapist but lots of people would (in the same way Notts County fans loved Lee Hughes despite him killing someone, or Plymouth fans being quite happy for their Club Captain to have killed someone).

Quote Originally Posted by millmoorlane
    Lots on here would.

They changed their tune on Steve Evans within seconds. Of course, that's a completely different league to a convicted rapist but almost everyone on here was full of principles until about 2 days after Evans became the manager and then it was all about giving people a second chance etc etc.

I doubt the same proportion would back a rapist but lots of people would (in the same way Notts County fans loved Lee Hughes despite him killing someone, or Plymouth fans being quite happy for their Club Captain to have killed someone).
    "Quite happy"that he killed someone? I think not

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234