+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Whelan

re: Dave Whelan

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDerek
    What's he said that's wrong?

Everybody is guilty of saying ,, I'm going to the chinkys for some chips ,or the Jews are money orientated.. Nothing wrong with those statements Champs
    Sorry, Can someone please educate me... Why is the word "chink" racist? So too "paddy" "Pom" "Jock". The posts above so far tell me the words ARE racist I would like someone to tell me WHY they are racist. Why?[/quote]

Words have perpetually changing meanings. In my view, it's the word that is or isn't racist, the context in which they're used.

I hate people devaluing racism by focusing on the words rather than meaning they were conveyed in to further their own ends. It allows people to show that they'll point to anything and devalues the issue, because they have. My godfather committed suicide because he couldn't take British racism in the 70's. So in my view, people trying to say anything is r

If Dave Whelan was to suddenly decide to buy the Rovers I would be exstatic,racist coments or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    What's he said that's wrong?

Everybody is guilty of saying ,, I'm going to the chinkys for some chips ,or the Jews are money orientated.. Nothing wrong with those statements Champs
    Sorry, Can someone please educate me... Why is the word "chink" racist? So too "paddy" "Pom" "Jock". The posts above so far tell me the words ARE racist I would like someone to tell me WHY they are racist. Why?[/quote]

Words have perpetually changing meanings. In my view, it's the word that is or isn't racist, the context in which they're used.

I hate people devaluing racism by focusing on the words rather than meaning they were conveyed in to further their own ends. It allows people to show that they'll point to anything and devalues the issue, because they have. My godfather committed suicide because he couldn't take British racism in the 70's. So in

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover

But, like it or not, Dan, words are where it all starts. I think it's the case that words are the thin end of the wedge. Turn a blind eye, and before you know it, the words that "didn't matter much" turn into actions that do
    I didn't say turn a blind eye Aucks. I said don't attach meanings that aren't there to further an agenda. Because sure as hell, when people see that happening, they turn from the issue entirely. Dialogue, (like Kick it Out have offered) beats castigation, (like media hungry small groups have done), in these circumstances hands down in my view. Confronting the issue is fine in my book. Labelling people isn't.

Its a poor do, when one adult is actually having to explain to others why the term 'chinky' is one deemed offensive. And secondly pointing out that an owner of a major company and chairman of a football club shouldnt be saying this things.

You can dress it up,all you want ,but I will still be going to the chinkys this weekend for a number 69' with a serving of sore finger on it..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    You can dress it up,all you want ,but I will still be going to the chinkys this weekend for a number 69' with a serving of sore finger on it..

You get em shown Alf ...pay your £5.25 for battered cat that will teach them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by champs95

You get em shown Alf ...pay your £5.25 for battered cat that will teach them!!! [/quote]

It could be worse,it could be Venky's chicken..

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    Its a poor do, when one adult is actually having to explain to others why the term 'chinky' is one deemed offensive. And secondly pointing out that an owner of a major company and chairman of a football club shouldnt be saying this things.
    What's a poor do is people calling for him to resign to milk their own publicity. 99% of the population, (including Wheelan) know that he dropped a *******, but that was what it was. Let him apologise, bite his hand and feel embarrassed and leave it at that.

It's all calls for mega punishments that make this a situation stupid in terms of what's happened. Let learn and move on. He's not wandering around in a swastika t-shirt with an NF placard is he? He's a lot less worse than Nigel Farage and some people are inclind to vote for him!!

Haven't the PC brigade re-named Indian Elephants "Asian Elephants", 'cos someone was upset?
    Unbelievable

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)