+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Whelan

Dave Whelan

...Dave I think you need to stop digging that hole deeper and stop talking in public. The funniest thing is, he actually has no idea what he's saying is wrong.
    The next line I'm expecting is 'I'm not racist, I have lots of Paki friends'.

re: Dave Whelan

What's he said that's wrong?

Everybody is guilty of saying ,, I'm going to the chinkys for some chips ,or the Jews are money orientated.. Nothing wrong with those statements Champs

Not everybody owns a football club Alf, the F.A. take racisism very seriously.

If Malky gets banned Wigan are right int shoite.

Quote Originally Posted by joinerpat
    Not everybody owns a football club Alf, the F.A. take racisism very seriously.

If Malky gets banned Wigan are right int shoite.
    Yes they do.. They are very quick to jump on the PC bandwagon when it suits them.. As far as I'm concerned Whelan has done nothing wrong.

Nothing wrong at all Alf. Infact it's a very intelligent thought process he has.

Just to keep up with the rules to this, as I'm not fom 'that era'. As (this would well offend a few billion people, but fk em eh??? ) the word chinky. Is this referring to the whole of Asia? China? I thought it would be china to be honest. But most takeaways are Japenese owned? So is Japan also considered chinky? What about Burma? Anyone with 'slitty eyes'? How about that, will that do? I'm guessing yes is the answer here...

A paddy is an Irishman
    A taffy is a Welshman

Do you understand that Champs..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    A paddy is an Irishman
    A taffy is a Welshman

Do you understand that Champs..

He didn't say that though Alf, or nobody would've batted an eyelid. He said (amongst other stuff) the word 'chinky'. Which isn't comparable to paddy or taffy as neither can be misconstrued as a derogatory term. Whereas chinky can. As a public figure, one that owns a football club and a successful business, he just can't go saying this without fear of a reprisal. Me, you or any average joe can say what we want, as we aren't being interviewed for a national frigging newspaper. He was.

Alf/champs as much as I agree with you both, Whelan has got himself a manager who is still under investagation of racism, as far as I can see he has done no wrong employing someone who is innocent until proved guilty. But he has left himself wide open for the PC brigade to demolish him by not choosing his words more carefully.
    Anyhow must dash now as I am off down road for a Chinky for me tea.

Quote Originally Posted by joinerpat
    Alf/champs as much as I agree with you both, Whelan has got himself a manager who is still under investagation of racism, as far as I can see he has done no wrong employing someone who is innocent until proved guilty. But he has left himself wide open for the PC brigade to demolish him by not choosing his words more carefully.
    Anyhow must dash now as I am off down road for a Chinky for me tea.

Enjoy I'm off out, just waiting for a taxi ... I have a hunch the driver of said taxi will be someone from overseas who is not of the same skin tone of myself, but I'm sure is a jolly good fellow

My 2 pence worth. I doubt in real life Dave Wheelan has offended anyone. He's made some remarks with the best of intentions to try and help his manager out, but they are from his era, not the era of the publicity hungry, will leap on anything brigade. So the FA will listen to the most fringe Jewish action group that claim he's offended all Jews, when in reality he propably has offended no one, because they are bright enough to put what he's siad in context.

All a load of bull. But that's today's media led society I'm afraid. Any Red Sea pedestrians reading this that feel differently, please correct me

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)