+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions??

Questions??

What is wrong with Tootle?

Why is Ollie suddenly a full back again - what did Baillie do so wrong?

Why is Oliver out on loan leaving us with no physical presence up front?

Why did we take Haynes?

Why is Inman played so much when he contributes so fleetingly?

Why stay with 3 centre backs in a team that doesn't score goals and is 2-0 down at half-time?

re: Questions??

SD has got his tactics all wrong again, no goals yet again too!

Why does SD persist with playing Ness?!

Please recall Oliver, he was definitely better than Haynes!

Why was Leigh on the bench today when he'd been doing really well lately?

Why is he talking to the chairman for funds to sign another defender when it is obvious to every one his priority should be at the other end of the pitch?

Alexknowall...
    Tootle still not fully recovered from illness, bailie has done nothing wrong. It appears the system wanted to use. Turton should have been left in midfield. Inman right footed central midfielder being asked to play left and score goals.
    Oliver must be deemed not good enough but you're right he's a presence and whilst Haber keeps going on international should be still here.
    Should have gone to 4:4:2 at half time at least we seemed to pressure them more when in this formation later on.
    Crewebeedo
    Leigh started left midfield.
    Need strikers and a settled formation.

The Facts are simple This team is worse than last year,and it took the last game to Escape Relegation,so what chance Now!
    No one at the club appear to be interested to put things right,we have now been in the bottom 4 for over 3 Months.
    The Facts are the club will be happy to slide into the 2nd DIV they can play Academy kids at there hearts content as the Academy is more important than the 1st Team,so thats what you get who support it,so dont Expect any signings next week,all you will get is excuses,or Silence.

i don`t often agree with itwain but i have to this time..This preseason we had a perfect opportunity to sign some experienced players to sure up our squad. This would have given us a more stable team on the pitch allowing the young players coming through a better chance to play their style without the additional pressure. Right type of signings would have allowed the side to be more consistent and stronger enabling SD to use the current interchange of youngsters with confidence and minimal impact on the team.
    It would also have given the supporters more entertaining football and confidence in the club direction..but then again i do recall SD preseason interviews.."going with youth" and should have known better, that's why i agree with itwasin.

[quote="NewtoCrewe"]Alexknowall...
    Tootle still not fully recovered from illness, ]

EBOLA suffers are recovering faster than Tootle

What is really going on there??

Quote Originally Posted by Crewebeedoo
    Why does SD persist with playing Ness?!

Please recall Oliver, he was definitely better than Haynes!

Why was Leigh on the bench today when he'd been doing really well lately?
    Yes Leigh was on the field of play today, although I personally cannot see why to be honest. He is not good enough and is often played out of position anyway by SD. Every time we play Ness the Alex lose. Not good enough. Unfortunate to lose Brandy through injury, but why go with 3 central defenders in a must not lose game? To invite them to attack us senseless maybe! Why drop Bailee and Guthrie? Why does it take so long for Tootle to regain fitness after an illness. I thought that he got over that a while ago and has trained all week. Is there something we do not know about him?

The defence looked more than shaky today. The positional play was dreadful at times with the opposition forwards given free rein with lax marking resulting from all four goals being scored from the centre of the goal.The opposition through ball so often found their forwards easily outpacing our defence. Our forward line looked pretty insipid with too much passing sideways and backwards instead of breaking quickly on occasion as the Orient did with good effect. Things did improve in the last 20 minutes when Crewe made three substitutions with Cooper looking a bit of handful. He showed potential but needs to watch getting into the referees book which he has done on a number of occasions recently - he must be near to being suspended from matches. All in all I am sorry to say that it is going to take a marked improvement to remain in this Division on todays evidence. I am sorry to say that the Manager in my opinion put a gloss on todays proceedings with his remarks.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast