+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 136 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1721

Thread: Sack Race?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Here is a topical question for you lot. You have a choice between Lennon or McInnes as Aberdeen manager for next season, so who do you pick?
    Andy Considine

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Andy Considine
    I always thought he would be at his best when not on the pitch but being manager is not what I hoped for.

Here is a topical question for you lot. You have a choice between Lennon or McInnes as Aberdeen manager for next season, so who do you pick?
    I think it's probably time for McInnes to move on but replacing him with Lennon would be a step backwards. I would be disgusted to see Lennon given the job.

Quote Originally Posted by man-erg View Post
    I think it's probably time for McInnes to move on but replacing him with Lennon would be a step backwards. I would be disgusted to see Lennon given the job.
    I don’t think there’s any chance of him ever being given the job or indeed wanting it in the first place .

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    This could work out alright for us...

Clarke is being tipped as new Celtic manager, likely after the Euros. McInnes has been linked with the Scotland job before and would be high on their list of candidates you'd imagine. McInnes gets offered the Scotland job and off he goes without a massive pay off.
    The flaws in that plan being:

1. The £750,000 compensation the SFA would have to pay would be a showstopper. We could waive or reduce it though I guess.

2. The £750,000 salary is way too rich for the SFA. They’ll pay about half that tops. Would DM take the cut? Maybe if it gave him a chance to reestablish his credibility.

3. Given how dreadful he’s been the last 3 years would the SFA even look at him? Probably - there’s not a massive list of candidates.

4. Given Clarke is on record saying he went down south to get away from the bile and bigotry of the fitba down there, why would he suddenly want to go and dive right into the middle of it now? Can’t see it myself.

It could happen though. Put it this way, it’s our most likely escape route from the wigless gypes contractual fuuckwittery, so fingers crossed 🤞

We need a change, I'm grateful to Del for getting our respectability back but in all honesty, as a Red Tv Intl. subscriber I think the team peaked in terms of exciting football in his first 2 years. As for Lennon I'd take him all day long. Serial winner the likes of which we haven't seen since.....Willie Miller?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    We need a change, I'm grateful to Del for getting our respectability back but in all honesty, as a Red Tv Intl. subscriber I think the team peaked in terms of exciting football in his first 2 years. As for Lennon I'd take him all day long. Serial winner the likes of which we haven't seen since.....Willie Miller?
    What did Lennon win with (who was it?) Bolton?
    What did Lenon win with Hibs?
    The same Willie Miller (God as we remember him as a player) who was sacked for nearly getting us relegated?

Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    The same Willie Miller (God as we remember him as a player) who was sacked for nearly getting us relegated?

Just asking.
    Willie Miller came runner-up to the cheating dead club in all 3 competitions in one season, i phucking loved us back then.

Cant say the same now.

Just asking.
    He managed a 4th place for Hibs. Del's Aberdeen were 2nd...

Lennon is a celebrity coach who has never proved himself without having a stupidly hefty budget, pretty much along the lines of McCoist. I'd rather have Michael Knighton than Lennon.

Just asking.
    It’s easy for Lennon to win things at Celticbut you have to give him credit for taking the challenge on not once but twice. Some managers get given the challenge of expectation and decide they prefer the pressure of finishing at least 4th with a cup run.

Page 136 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast