+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Evans has his say

Steve Evans has his say

Strong stuff from boss Steve Evans in the two-page Millers v Birmingham match verdict in today's Star. - view external link

re: Steve Evans has his say

They say great minds think alike paul..according to this, steve evans and garry rowett think exactly alike..

the performance was crap by the whole team I agree Steve... that includes you and raynor by the way, poor team selection and madness for the 3rd substitution.
    Yet again he has a go at a couple of individuals, Arnie and Morgan yet revell who won less headers than I did on saturday never mentioned. Not that I want him to have a go at an individual player but why does he always have to point at the same players.
    Brendon rodgers is having a crap time yet he comes out and takes the blame as the manager.

Bit harsh. Didn't think Birmingham were as bad as that, Gary

I'd like to see Steve Evans taking more responsibility rather than blaming 'individuals' but it seems Saturday's performance has finally convinced him that things have to change - and quickly.

First time I wanted to walk out early (half time) but I didn't .

The only person I'm disgusted with is Evans himself, he seriously needs to get himself up in. The stands in the first half.

What were the players suppose to be doing, I don't think they knew themselves
    The game was a joke from start to finish (I was expecting Beadle to pop out ) and I'm being serious.

Why insist with keeping Revell on the pitch for 90 mins, it's not working and it will not work in this league, could not believe it when JCH was took off instead of Revell (if you can't see why then you have got problems)
    Where the hell was JCH suppose to have been playing in the first half, Midfield,defence? No I don't think he knew either.

I know Taylor wasn't having the best of games but he was took off far too early, yes he can be ball greedy but have you ever thought why? (Think about it, it's not hard)

Evans and Raynor all through the game were yelling at anything that moved, players were like friding yo-yo's.
    Der

He is giving stick to Arnie and Morgan because he is about to drop one of them when the new signing arrives.

Yes probably, those playing in front of the defence have a lot to answer for.

Revell falling over before the ball gets to him isn't a penalty

The line "there were 7 or 8 that were with us in league 2" probably sums up the problem.

I suppose Evans' comment "I was wrong, I cocked it up" was lost in the edit?

Can we please stop making excuses, never a penalty in a million years, for a big lad Revell goes down like a bloody fairy in every single match - it's infuriating!!!

Evans needs to look at himself, he's virtually lost the dressing room IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by TimeforAle
    Evans needs to look at himself, he's virtually lost the dressing room IMHO
    Not yet but for me it might not be long. The constant hammering of the players in public isn't good. RM never used to do it. Second term i think it is what undid him.

At the same time, there is no point a manager being confident in his abilities if the players don't share that confidence. While SE might not want to admit his failings it could go a long way to healing what is undoubtedly a bigger rift building.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson
    He is giving stick to Arnie and Morgan because he is about to drop one of them when the new signing arrives.
    Thought exactly the same

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast