+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 4th Official

re: The 4th Official

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie
    I wouldn't be surprised if the 4th official didn't see it either. After Assombalonga's goal the Birmingham players were harassing the referee like Man Utd used to in the Keane days - they looked like a blue-shirted flock of seagulls piling into a pensioner who's holding a bag of chips.
    It was the same after the handball - the 4th had his chips out too.
    What would you have said if a Brum player had handled on the line?
    The correct decision was made in the end--much better than cheating--surely?[/quote]
    When did they change the goal line to 3yards out?[/qu

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_ForestMad
    I wouldn't be surprised if the 4th official didn't see it either. After Assombalonga's goal the Birmingham players were harassing the referee like Man Utd used to in the Keane days - they looked like a blue-shirted flock of seagulls piling into a pensioner who's holding a bag of chips.
    The correct decision was made in the end--much better than cheating--surely?[/quote]

You don't have to be old, to have a white stick and dark glasses though.

Look you're both right.
    It was a breach of the rules, quite rightly corrected.
    It is also contestable, as to whether it was deliberate or not. So the red is in doubt. If it's 2 yellows though, obviously the red has to follow.
    My only concern is still the role of the fourth official in all this. the FA needs to clarify this.

As for the personal insults, well I'm afraid they happen in the heat of the moment.
    Your board is no neutral ground for that 61. I get more than my share on there myself.
    As the visitor, I put up with it even when the punishment never matches the crime.

However, lets try and be nice please(yes even me, before EP starts another War and Peace on the subject).

The correct decision was made in the en

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_ForestMad
    What would you have said if a Brum player had handle

What wo

Raheem sterling has just fell over and then pushed the ball away with his hand (trying to gain an advantage) and didn't get booked.it was deliberate handball and letter of the law states it's a yellow card regardless of where it is on the pitch.
    Where is the consistency and where was the 4th official to tell the ref he should book him?

Er, I wasn't disputing the decision. I was suggesting that the 4th official had intervened because of the stick he was probably receiving from the Birmingham bench - if the protests after our goal were anything to go by he must have copped an earful.

[quote="Polish_ForestMad"]I wouldn't be surprised if the 4th official didn't see it either. After Assombalonga's goal the Birmingham players were harassing the referee like Man Utd used to in the Keane days - they looked like a blue-shirted flock of seagulls piling into a pensioner who's holding a bag of chips.
    It was the same after the hand

Aguero will have a yellow card against his in the record books for diving yet he was tripped and it was a defo penalty.still doesn't make it right does it?thats 1 yellow card closer to a ban,and he could end up missing an important game because of the ref making a bad call.
    In the Britt incident the ball was either going wide or a defender was clearing it which means (letter of the law) it should of been a yellow.
    P.s why was the contents trimmed in pies last post?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast