+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing Room Rage

re: Dressing Room Rage

Quote Originally Posted by maestro91
    Hate to burst your supposedly well-informed bubble - but any team that is on triple training sessions who persistently look so knackered after an hour either are a) doing it wrongly b) don't give a toss. They have made me something I never thought i'd be - ashamed of players who do not deserve to be at this club!
    You aint bursting my bubble mate. If it was a case of not being fit does anyone seriously think we wouldnt have addrerssed it if it was that easy. The problem is the vast bulk of our squad are slow as fpuck and p1ss poor standard into the bargain. You can train them to death and they'd still be the same.

We bring young guys in who never progress or get any better from their first team debut. McHugh and Carswell points in case. Which tells you they were never Spfl players in the first place. Leitch looks like being exactly the same. Buddy them up with non entities like Vigurs, O'Brian, Angol Ramsden and Cummings and its

The problem is that we have players who are both slow and lacking in stamina. The worst of both worlds. In game after game some players are exhausted after 60-70 minutes and simply drop out of the game. Slow and lack of stamina are different issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it
    The problem is that we have players who are both slow and lacking in stamina. The worst of both worlds. In game after game some players are exhausted after 60-70 minutes and simply drop out of the game. Slow and lack of stamina are different issues.
    Well if its fitness and stamina it will be the easiest gig on the planet for the new manager to fix...

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    Well if its fitness and stamina it will be the easiest gig on the planet for the new manager to fix...
    Yes and no. Fitness levels can be improved - the right kind of hard work will address that. Lack of pace - no. If a player is slow he'll always be slow, not matter how he is trained. .

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it
    Yes and no. Fitness levels can be improved - the right kind of hard work will address that. Lack of pace - no. If a player is slow he'll always be slow, not matter how he is trained. .[/quote]

As ive said all along we are slower than a week in jail in every position, we should be getting rid rather than making them a fit slow fpuck.

Does no-one remember the difference Mark McGhee made to a team of players. Training six days a week - they were faster, stamina improved no end and technique improved. They are still the fittest Motherwell team I've seen in over 40 years - don't tell me it can't be done - many of the team were slower and lacking in stamina until McGhee got a hold of them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maestro91
    Does no-one remember the difference Mark McGhee made to a team of players. Training six days a week - they were faster, stamina improved no end and technique improved. They are still the fittest Motherwell team I've seen in over 40 years - don't tell me it can't be done - many of the team were slower and lacking in stamina until McGhee got a hold of them!!!

Well said Maestro - I'll never forget how much weight Steve McGarry dropped and how much pace he inherited. Never my favourite player but your point is spot on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)