+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens v Rangers

re: Queens v Rangers

For this particular game , there won't be many football minded people in the region that don't know Queens are playing Scotland's newest team, with or without advertising.

Just looked up in the records the Ibrox club's line - up that day in 1964 and unlike today they had some top, top players - Jim Baxter, John Greig, Willie Henderson, Davey Wilson etc. Queens got relegated that season and 50 years later have yet to return to the top league in Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmyman
    Just looked up in the records the Ibrox club's line - up that day in 1964 and unlike today they had some top, top players - Jim Baxter, John Greig, Willie Henderson, Davey Wilson etc. Queens got relegated that season and 50 years later have yet to return to the top league in Scottish football.
    Were you at that game old fella ?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    For this particular game , there won't be many football minded people in the region that don't know Queens are playing Scotland's newest team, with or without advertising.
    Shame on you JRSLEFTPEG! A poster of your obvious intelligence should know that Rangers were innocent victims in a scandalous plot to relegate them to the then third third division in Scottish football. You should also know that the club and the supporters are liable to throw their toys out off the pram if anyone dares to libel them by claiming that the original football club ceased to exist when it went into liquidation or by denying that the resurrected Rangers football club has over a hundred years of history behind it. No doubt the representatives of Rangers football club will be contacting you to insist on a public retraction and apology; just as they have done before to others who expressed views similar to those expressed by you. My advice to you is

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell
    Shame on you JRSLEFTPEG! A poster of your obvious intelligence should know that Rangers were innocent victims in a scandalous plot to relegate them to the then third third division in Scottish football. You should also know that the club and the supporters are liable to throw their toys out off the pram if anyone dares to libel them by claiming that the original football club ceased to exist when it went into liquidation or by denying that the resurrected Rangers football club has over a hundred years of history behind it. No doubt the representatives of Rangers football club will be contacting you to insist on a public retraction and apology; just as they have done before to others who expressed views similar

Firstly, I am really looking forward to this game if a little nervous as well. I don't believe Queens can or will play as badly as we did in the 3-0 Palmerston defeat to them in the LC last year.We were quite dreadful that night apart from the opening ten minutes or so and as I said previously, rangers scored with their first attack.No sleeping then lads eh ? Now, I do not know what way this game is going to go ,BUT ,reassuringly ,I can't remember us ever being in better nick for a game of this magnitude . The timing is correct for us and its time to show a TV audience and even a few locals that we are a good team. Queens fans, if we go a goal down then don't let the heads drop. Think of their Alloa debacle and keep believing in the team . Now is the time , no nerves just steely resolve and get intae thum ! Edit to add - two up front please !!!!!

No wonder Rangers fans have chips on their shoulders. You'll be trying to tell me next, JRSLEFTPEG, that this newly formed company, with over a hundred years of history and tradition behind it, couldn't possibly have audited accounts for the requisite number of years to qualify for entry to the Scottish Football League ( as it was at that time) and that Spartans had a greater entitlement to entry to the League than the newco Rangers which, I'll remind you just in case you've forgotten, has over a hundred years of history and tradition behind it.

There's several reasons why the crowd may well be less than the Hearts game earlier in the season .

1 . The games live on BT Sport
    2 . Lots of Christmas works night out this Friday
    3 . The weather forecast isn't great

but let's not forget how good a season Queens are having . I personally can't wait for it & think Friday night football is a winner

probably not a good time to face Rangers for the above reasons ,tend to think they will be out to give us a hammering imo.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn
    There's several reasons why the crowd may well be less than the Hearts game earlier in the season .

1 . The games live on BT Sport
    2 . Lots of Christmas works night out this Friday
    3 . The weather forecast isn't great

but let's not forget how good a season Queens are having . I personally can't wait for it & think Friday night football is a winner

This post hits the nail on the head.

For some reason though, despite tickets being available on the night of the game and despite the game being unlikely to sell out some posters are moaning about the club not spending money opening to sell tickets on Wednesday.

As someone has said on P&B:
    "usual knicker wetters, wetting their knickers over nothing"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)