+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens v Rangers

re: Queens v Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919
    Can't see there being as many fans there as the home Hearts fixture .

Not a great deal been done by the commercial team ( IMO ) to promote the game & attract the floating fan . Haven't seen any posters in or around town advertising the game

Would like to see us attack them but we must try & keep it tight at the back . We shouldn't fear them but mustn't be too over confident
    If you walk down King Street in Castle Douglas you would have to be blind not to notice that the Rangers will be in Dumfries on Friday.

Drew's newsagent at the top always has a poster up along with two huge fixture lists and some Queen's memorabilia is on the display.

There has been some suggestion that tickets should be available for sale at the Queens Arena. This will have to involve trusted Queens staff who are not always available.

I'm sure the ladies who prepare the delicious haggis rolls and coffee will not be willing to take on the extra duties.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN
    There has been some suggestion that tickets should be available for sale at the Queens Arena. This will have to involve trusted Queens staff who are not always available.

I'm sure the ladies who prepare the delicious haggis rolls and coffee will not be willing to take on the extra duties.

As we already know , quite often the trusted Queens staff are never available

The subject of the club not advertising games enough has been brought up many times before & despite the club / commercial crew promising to address the situation , nothing much has changed IMO

Quote Originally Posted by cooshedder
    probably not a good time to face Rangers for the above reasons ,tend to think they will be out to give us a hammering imo.

Or you could look at it as, we know the areas we went wrong against Hearts and can correct if for this game.

If we go 4-5-1 we are just handing it to them on a plate.
    This is where Alan Johnston got his success against the SPL teams. Kept the same attacking formation where the natural way is always to go tight and err on the side of caution.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919

I

As we already know , quite often the trusted Queens staff are never available

The subject of the club not advertising games enough has been brought up many times before & despite the club / commercial crew promising to address the situation , nothing much has changed IMO [/quote]

Imo every effort has been made by the club to promote games whilst keeping within a reasonable budget. The matches are well advertised in the local press along with contributions from the Queens Trust posters,official website and Social Medi. Queens Mad also promote fixtures to the best of our ability

Queens attract a hard-core home support of around 1500: a bit more this season for home games against "the big three" and a bit fewer for the less glamorous games. The obvious inference is that the the vast bulk of the local population has at best only a passing interest in the fortunes of Queen of the South and at worst no interest at all. Why would anyone in these latter categories turn up at Palmerston on a cold and windy Friday night in December to pay £16 to watch a Championship game when, alternatively, (if indeed they have any desire to see the game) they can sit in the comfort of their own home or in the warmth of the pub and watch it for nothing?
    Television was meant to be the financial saviour of football but is it just another nail in football's coffin?

[quote="Cresswell" and a bit fewer for the less glamorous games. The obvious inference is that the the vast bulk of the local population has at best only a passing interest in the fortunes of Queen of the South and at worst no interest at all. Why would anyone in these latter categories turn up at Palmerston on a cold and windy Friday night in December to pay £16 to watch a Championship game when, alternatively, (if indeed they have any desire to see the game) they can sit in the comfort of their own home or in the warmth of the pub and watch it for nothing?
    Television was meant to be the financial saviour of football but is it just another nail in football's coffin?[/quote] Average home crowd outwith the Hearts and Hibs games is 1651. There were 2607 home fans at the Hearts game and 2201 home fans at the Hibs game . Don't forget the Raith

I wouldn't like to be standing in a wide open uncovered terrace this Friday night that's for sure

A small number more tickets have been made available to the Rangers support for this Friday . Looks like they'll be a good turnout from them

Here's hoping we can at least match them in numbers

Getting away from crowd numbers for a second and back to the team. I sincerely hope the manager gets back to the side that gave us a good run of results with a 4-4-2 formation and with Danny and Baird coming back into the side.

I can understand why he felt the need to change things against hearts as they are particularly strong in the middle of the park, although I didn't really agree with it, I could see the managers logic.

This is a different game though and I don't see the need to flood the midfield as I really fancy Kerr and McShane against donkey black and whoever comes in beside him. If it's nicky law then admittedly we would have to keep a close eye on him, but for me he is the type of player that if things aren't going his way then the effort goes as the game goes on, so if we kept a tight rain on him for 45 mins then we will cope well in midfield. I would also fancy Baird and Reilly causing there back four all kinds of problems.

My only concern is if mccoist ditches his b

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)