+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 0/T What's happening at Wolves?

0/T What's happening at Wolves?

Now lost 5 on the bounce and a previous 0-0 with Birmingham with some big losses along the way...quickly sliding down the table...

Dicko returned from international duty early with Mali due to a hamstring problem and hasn't played since Oct 25th but surely one man doesn't make a team?

Jackett's harris must be twitching at the mo...big club Wolves and I'm sure their Chairman and board of directors will be asking questions already with the amount of money he's spent on fees and wages and their recent poor performances...

re: 0/T What's happening at Wolves?

Finding their true level I suppose.

I think our managers job is safer than theirs.

It's a strange one as they looked a really strong unit playing good football.

With Macdonald in midfield running the show I thought they would be easily be top half if not top six by now.

This Christmas their chairman is giving their manager the Phil Collins CD, NO JACKETT REQUIRED.

My wolves supporting mate (fanatical) was really fearful at the start of the season as he saw Kenny Jackett as a league 1 manager - and whilst he was grateful for what KJ acheived, his record suggested that he struggles in the Championship and with the clubs ambitions to return to the EPL he could not take them forward.

An odd outlook give Jacket get them promoted with relative ease, you kind of want to say give the man a chance.

Even more bizarre is they topped the table and still he still would not support Jacket in the long term.

I suspect if this is a general feeling amongst fans they have been "waiting" for the rot and in stead of getting behind Jacket and team they are all walking around smarting saying "told you he was not a championship manager".

They will find it very difficult to pick themselves up, unless they realise Championship safety is paramount not challenging to return to the EPL in one season.

It looks like to me that Kenny Jackett got Wolves promoted on the cheap. Yeah they offered Dicko better terms than us but over the last 12 months he moved on all the remaining players on big Premiership contracts. They are at a crossroads now do they want to push on again and go for the Premiership pot of gold or be one of the many fairly large clubs treading water in the Championship. Its a decision whether KJ stays or is replaced.

I know fans scream for money to be invested in the team but I was surprised they didn't rebuild another stand in Lge 1. It was the one season they didn't need every seat and if they take off again it will be around the disruption of rebuilding stands. Their Premiership parachute payments shouldn't have been needed for players wages in Lge 1 and could have been spent on the stand.

UTM!