+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Young team

re: Young team

It's not a case of "getting over it" I don't personally have a great problem with the bombs/flares, it's the repercussions that could affect Queens should the authorities decide to make an issue of it.

yaaaawwn...

Keep up the singing & dancing lads but ditch the smoke bombs .

Are remember , big brother is watching you's - CCTV cameras

I think they should let the players run up and join in a goal celebration with fans without the risk of a booking like they used to do. I thought football lost a spark when they laid the law down.

Keep up the good work, think their doing a great job for the atmosphere.

I am IN my sixties now and do not get to as many games as I would like,due to poor health.In the late sixties early seventies (the bad old days of football violence)I was part of the then young team and got stick from older fans.We sang nonsense songs which we made up but had a ball.So go on yersel young un's enjoy it while you can.

Cooshedder I couldn't encourage the young team more if I tried! I was singing along with them last Friday, standing just yards from the group.

There was one song though that should not be repeated, and that was the reference to F B's, - that is unacceptable and should not be tolerated at Palmerston Park.

The use of flares is also something that could see the entire group removed from the ground, (if the police were so minded) so the youngsters need to temper their exuberance in that department as well.

Overall, the young team are to be commended for their energy and enthusiasm and I hope that many more will be encouraged to join their number.

As mentioned in an earlier post, it is other people, especially those raising complaints who need to look at their own behaviour and question whether they had proper supervision of their own child, before pointing fingers at others.

Totally agree with the comments above (the ones supporting The Young Team).

Correct me if I am wrong, but they are not what you would call an "official supporters club".

Due to their success could there be an argument for them becoming an official entity? With some governance it could root out any minor misbehaviour and increase the memberships so we hear even more noise of the terraces!

Long Live The Young Team!

They are Ultra Queens 14

Dariusz a good point.

How about a "Young Team" ticket entitling the holder to similar conditions to the Junior Blues?

In that way, the holder of the ticket could be singled out if their individual behaviour was called into question, but more importantly the life blood of the club's future could be encouraged.
    In other words, if you sing your heart out, make huge amounts of noise and bang drums for 90 minutes you're entitled to a reduced rate?

The only problem I can see is what happens if the Young Team members stop singing? There is the potential abuse of joining such a team but then not bothering to sing!

Perhaps the Young Team could devise a code of ethics? For example You must agree to sing, you must dance, you must be off your head, - while on the other side of the coin, you must avoid sectarian singing and the use of flares and anyone who is a member and refuses to join in the singing is ejected from the Young Team.

Over to the Young Team... they are the people.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)