+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dowie suspension?

Dowie suspension?

Just wondering if Dowie will get a retrospective red for his Black manouevre.

re: Dowie suspension?

I hope not, it definitely wasn't a "stamp" ... I thought Black over-reacted trying to get a sending off ...

I agree about the over reaction but disagree about the stamp - definite downard pressure and deliberate imho. Naughty boy in a match so well covered by cameras too.

I'd be surprised if Dowie gets away with it if they happen to follow this up.

On the highlights, it didn't look too clever. If he is done for it then he only has himself to blame. Interestingly the highlights did not show Lee McCulloch's headbutt on John Baird. It makes no difference if there was little or no contact, the intention was most definitely there. McCulloch should receive the same treatment and potential punishment as Dowie. But then it is not always a level playing field is it?????

You are quite correct there.

Firstly I really rate Dowie - superb player at this level.

That said, I cannot believe how stupid he was in this game. Black can be a niggler of the first degree but in this match I don't remember him getting involved to any extent.

The reality was that Dowie saw his chance to stamp on Black safe in the knowledge that he could do so in what he thought was a "blind spot".

For me that was a cowardly act that if spotted could have undone all the fantastic work that the team put in. If we had gone down to 10 men at that point we would very probably have been in big trouble. Fortunately, we dodged a bullet and while we deserved to do so I am very disappointed that Dowie was so stupid a week after his idiotic challenge at Tynecastle.

I fully expect a suspension to be coming his way and he really needs to learn from this. I don't want any QOS player to be caught delivering this type of horrible action.As a group we are much better than that!

That would have been painful and while I am no

Mr. Dallas had a very poor game. Only on a couple of occasions did he reach the level of bias expected of him. McGregor's yellow card for the "accidental" hand ball incident is all well and good but can we be assured that he would have shown the red card to a Queens player preventing a goal scoring opportunity? We can only speculate. It's a sorry state of affairs when the BBC is left to demonstrate to a Scottish match official how to be one-sided. Their excellent "highlights" shown on Sportscene managed to obscure the fact that the 'Gers were dominated and outplayed. To actually show the goals that Dallas's lack of imagination had allowed to stand took great courage but their creative handling of the match material was of a standard that we have come to expect. Then we come to the obscuring point of the whole match..the foul and unprovoked thuggery perpetrated by one Dowie on that silky-skilled, gentle soul Black. How can Dallas bleat about not seeing the offence! Did Black not gr

I heard he was offered a two game suspension. These guys need to be careful when they're on TV.

Just heard on the radio that it is a two match suspension unless he chooses to appeal. I am not sure what grounds he would have for an appeal though. He has been playing so well that it makes his actions even more silly. At the time I was furious with Ian Black for play acting but when I saw it on T.V. I was shocked. Dowie had a quick glance to see if any of the officials could see before stamping on his opponent. Very poor!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)