+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Young team

Young team

Young team out of order charging forward with no thought for children standing in there way nearly sent my 8 year old son flying all for the singing etc but shoe a bit of respect to fellow supporters

re: Young team

That should be show a bit of respect

I think The Young Team do a fantastic job of bringing a good atmosphere to both home and away matches and I am sure that they wouldn't mean to knock anyone over.

Speaking as someone who was standing nearby I thought they were on great form last night.

A way round this issue is perhaps for your 8 year old son could get involved and join the young team, perhaps encourage some of his friends to do the same after all they are the next generation young team.

Quote Originally Posted by WangKer
    I think The Young Team do a fantastic job of bringing a good atmosphere to both home and away matches and I am sure that they wouldn't mean to knock anyone over.

Speaking as someone who was standing nearby I thought they were on great form last night.

A way round this issue is perhaps for your 8 year old son could get involved and join the young team, perhaps encourage some of his friends to do the same after all they are the next generation young team.
    What a great idea. Encourage young children to get involved in a group who belt out songs riddled with foul and abusive language and who set off dangerous flares. Your Username is very apt. The "Young Team" do add to the atmosphere without question but need to reign in their over-enthusiasm (or "showing-off in front of your mates" as my old dear used to say)and realise that you can get behind the team, sing, chant and bang your drum without causing offence or danger to others.
    I w

The young team where almost as good as the players last night.
    They made it a fantastic atmosphere at the 2nd goal I even rushed forward i am 47 to see Gavin Reilly
    If some fans don't like it then the stand is the place to go.
    Well done the young team

Thanks auld chippy like I said my boy likes to watch game and no way would I encourage him to stand with young team

Why should I take my boy to stand I pay our money to stand where I like young supporters. Are the future sure you would not be happy if someone from your family got hurt

47! Really? You're old enough to know better, Northfield or are you re-living your lost youth? As I've said I think the "Young Team" give the players tremendous backing and add to the atmosphere but they do overstep the mark sometimes and I'm sure they would not want to cause any trouble that might have serious consequences for the Club and other supporters. Thank you also for your advice but I will exercise my right to choose whether to stand on the terracing or go to the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy

What a great idea. Encourage young children to get involved in a group who belt out songs riddled with foul and abusive language and who set off dangerous flares. Your Username is very apt. The "Young Team" do add to the atmosphere without question but need to reign in their over-enthusiasm (or "showing-off in front of your mates" as my old dear used to say)and realise that you can get behind the team, sing, chant and bang your drum

I Sent someone in front of me flying as well when the first goal went in, pretty normal on a busy terrace. Leave the young lads alone, they've been turning out at away grounds like Kirkcaldy where our away support is small which makes them better fans than a lot of those who criticise them. If I wasn't twenty years older than them I'd be in the middle with them. Go on Twitter and see the comments by the players every week about the support.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)