+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost all faith in Davis

re: Lost all faith in Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    I wasn't going to comment on this tosh but feel I need to defend the manager here. We haven't had much luck in the last couple of matches and the manager is the one who gets the credit for bring these players in on loan and both have scored for us so not a lot wrong there in my view. Davis out to be replaced by who? We need t support the team and not be looking for a scapegoat every time we lose a match. Yes it is disappointing to lose ground on fellow strugglers but the season is not half way through yet so I think there is plenty of time.
    Its all opinions 'Timmy 58' and I think your particular stance is a load of tosh also. Surely it's apparent that we've been consistently poor for month after month?. We can't just accept relegation and why should we just accept Davis is the best we can hope for??. This attitude of accepting mediocrity by some fans is bizarre.

As you say, opinions. No need to change the manager, in fact no point in changing the manager. It wasn't all roses under Dario. But the club is in good shape, the future is secure, and the manager's job is safe. And should be for the foreseeable.

Quote Originally Posted by NewtoCrewe
    AM
    Why can't we lay some of the blame on SD? Went with a defensive formation again...after signing attacking players. No substutions until a reaction to the 2nd goal. His after match comments will say we were unfortunate and should have got something and that maybe true after listening to the match but we didn't and this was a WIN match.
    I don't have solution and I don't think he does anymore!! The time has come for fresh eyes and fresh ideas otherwise we'll be in league 2 saying we're unfortunate...
    We have a good crop of young players coming through, they need good support and good management.
    Poor choice of wording from me, I suppose. Of course, any manager is not beyond fault and SD has to take a certain amount of responsibility for the poor return of points / position in the league, following the first 20 league games of this sorry season. However, there are still 26 games to play and to be honest, I cannot see how anyon

Maybe its the Coaches we should sack,the one waiting to take this Cinderella Club down? When When are they going to wake up on quick throw ins and short corners by the opposition! Every week they are caught out and fall to the sucker punch,coaches more like Stagecoaches standing still.

My new found optimism has gone after today's result, really thought at least a point there with our new look up front but hey o its the same as usual esp in the never ending defensive frailties!

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin
    Maybe its the Coaches we should sack,the one waiting to take this Cinderella Club down? When When are they going to wake up on quick throw ins and short corners by the opposition! Every week they are caught out and fall to the sucker punch,coaches more like Stagecoaches standing still.
    The only cowboy,to get off the stagecoach,has woke up at last.
    Maybe some snow on the trail,in Burslem!!

Ogeralex is about right in my opinion. I was at the match today and apart from a good twenty minutes or so in the second half we were second best in most departments, and that to a poor team with only two previous league victories at home all season and only three points better off at start of play.
    His actual signings have been poor. Haber not appearing interested most of the time, Atkinson not good enough to string two appearances together, and Oliver shoved out on loan.
    I have no criticism of his honesty and commitment to the club but if we are going to make any efforts to avoid relegation it must be time for the board to act now and give someone else the opportunity to instil some commitment and belief into the players presently on the books. However any new manager performed we could not be any worse off than we are at the present.

Quote Originally Posted by all
    Ogeralex is about right in my opinion. I was at the match today and apart from a good twenty minutes or so in the second half we were second best in most departments, and that to a poor team with only two previous league victories at home all season and only three points better off at start of play.
    His actual signings have been poor. Haber not appearing interested most of the time, Atkinson not good enough to string two appearances together, and Oliver shoved out on loan.
    I have no criticism of his honesty and commitment to the club but if we are going to make any efforts to avoid relegation it must be time for the board to act now and give someone else the opportunity to instil some commitment and belief into the players presently on the books. However any new manager performed we could not be any worse off than we are at the present.
    Just go`s to show how people see the game differently,according to the O/S,and SD,we were the far supe

Quote Originally Posted by OgerAlex
    The reality I base my thoughts on is being bottom of the league and pretty much playing crap for the past 2 years. Since we lifted the paint pot cup it's been dismal on the whole. Just seems to be the same old stuff about things not going for us etc etc. I've backed him a number of times in the past. I've had enough now. Just my opinion.
    So our first season in league 1 was crap was it? 13th if I remember? Thought that was a good season imo

Quote Originally Posted by all
    I think his singings have been good, to get Chucks on loan for two seasons was brilliant, Inman was

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast